Senior Artist – Editorial
- Paris, France
The leading creator and publisher of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in App Annie's list of the “Top 10 Most-Downloaded Games Worldwide”. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter, and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in more than 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. With a monthly audience of 114 million unique players in Gameloft games, Gameloft Advertising Solutions offers brands and agencies a unique level of visibility. Gameloft is a Vivendi Group company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Game Lab is a Gameloft Paris team dedicated to creating innovative gameplay and concept work. It has several tasks: devising and fleshing out concept games, testing them using iterative prototyping, developing ideation tools and methods, infusing all Gameloft development teams with creativity, and helping those teams to boost the quality of their games.
As Game Lab's Senior Artist – Editorial, you'll be tasked with handling a broad range of projects to lay the groundwork for our studios' production teams around the world and for our external partners.
Your mission: Fostering innovation at Gameloft by creating groundbreaking art direction and concept work for games that are in development or preproduction.
About you: You are passionate about mobile and have built your career around the platform. You excel at 2D concept work and know how to apply an artistic vision to an idea for a game concept. You enjoy exploring different styles and genres, and have a level of experience that allows you to be insightful no matter the topic. You're an expert at presenting concept work in a visually attractive fashion by emphasising the right visual elements. If all this describes you, you're the perfect fit for Game Lab!
· Your main task will be to create concept art and mock-ups of game screens to make gameplay proposals more attractive, whether they're for in-house productions or to solicit external partners.
· In collaboration with Game Lab's publishing-focused game designers, you'll be asked to take part in a variety of preproduction projects. You may also occasionally be asked to work on games that are already in development, by providing recommendations to resolve art-related issues or improve the games' overall quality.
· You'll also work closely with Game Lab's Art Director by putting together an innovative art-direction portfolio for our production teams around the world.
· You have a passion for mobile games and know the top-grossing titles like the back of your hand. For you, a job in mobile is your career of choice.
· You have 4 years of experience or more on mobile in an equivalent position. You have worked on projects in a variety of genres aimed at different audiences.
· You have an understanding of marketing, which allows you to convincingly present your creations and the games that you're responsible for.
· You're just as comfortable creating 2D concept art as you are designing logos or other marketing content.
· You're versatile and can adapt to a fast-paced working environment where speed and innovation are key.
· You express yourself clearly in English and can hold a (spoken or written) technical conversation in that language.
· Asset: You also have experience creating 3D assets and can create high-quality renders.
· Asset: You have mastered a Unity-like prototyping tool that allows you to breathe life into your creations by integrating them into demos.
Game Lab Offers You:
· The opportunity to join a dynamic new team. The chance to be there from the beginning of the journey!
· Lots of varied tasks in a lively setting: You'll never get bored at Game Lab!
· An exceptional working environment right in the heart of Paris, halfway between Saint-Lazare Station and the Palais Opera Garnier.
· Other benefits at Gameloft: self-serve fresh fruit and warm beverages, lunch vouchers, competitive mutual insurance coverage, daily breakfast.