3D Technical Artist
- Da Nang, Hải Châu, Da Nang, Vietnam
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 113 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 5,700 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company. All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Gameloft DAD Studio was established in 2010. After 6 years of development, we now have nearly 500 employees working in a modern building with splendid river view in Danang city, Vietnam. Coming to Danang city, you will be amazed by the magnificent nature with beautiful sandy beaches and various moutains for sightseeing, hiking, or simply immersing yourself in the green. Danang is an expat-friendly city with helpful local people many of whom can speak good English, a wide range of services for daily needs and entertainment, low-living cost, and nice weather all year-round! Danang is also in the vinicity of culturally rich destinations like Hue and Hoi An - the UNESCO World Heritages in Vietnam.
What does it mean to work for Gameloft Danang? It means working in a professional environment with young and dynamic colleagues in the week days and either enjoy the nature or explore the culture on the weekends!
DAD Studio took part in production of many famous Gameloft games worldwide including Modern Combat 5, My Little Pony, Ice Age Adventures, Asphalt Nitro, NOVA3 ...We are looking for the next talents to join the game. It can be YOU!
● To be the main link of interaction between GFX and PRG departments on assigned projects.
● To find creative solutions to help realize artistic vision within technical constraints.
● To understand and apply cutting-edge tools and rendering techniques.
● Assist SR GFX Tech/GFX Sup in the Design, building and maintenance of art production pipelines.
● Develop scripts and tools for artists to optimize their workflow.
● Apply new production techniques settled for assigned projects, ensuring the results are compatible with projects’ constraints.
● Review that material/textures are compatible with established graphic styles and lighting methods.
● Review that elements produced are compatible with platforms constraints and properly implemented.
● Ensure quality of any tasks assigned meets expectations and direction from Supervisor/Lead Artist.
● Master and apply all necessary work processes and tools (SVN, 3DsMax, Photoshop, plus any In-House and external tool needed to produce assets.
● Deliver work on time.
● Collaborate with other studios/teams to share technologies, best practices, etc.
● Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
● Perform good quality graphical work assigned by GFX Supervisor and producers.
● Other duties as assigned (including assistance for graphic design, and any other tasks involving artistic skills).
● Academic background in Arts, design or equivalent/Programming.
● 3+ years’ experience as technical artist.
● Advanced level in 3DsMax and Photoshop.
● Good Knowledge of material-authoring/geometry solutions (Substance Designer, Houdini)
● Advanced Fundamental understanding of modern shading methods as well as current baking techniques
● Expertise in 3D graphics and excellent knowledge of the 3D production pipeline.
● Knowledge of main scripting languages.
● Knowledge of C++, C#.
● Knowledge of OpenGL ES, technical development’s constraints on current mobile platforms (performance/memory)
● Excellent knowledge of the limitations of each production department (PRG/GFX/GD)
● Knowledge in the creation of realistic PBR scenes for smartphones.
● Knowledge in various dynamic lighting solutions and post-processing effects used to refine a scene's ambience (direct lighting, fog, ambient occlusion, tone mapping, color grading, look-up tables, vignettes, bloom, depth of field, optical flare, chromatic aberration, anamorphic flare, etc.)
● Mastery of current static and real-time lighting solutions (V-Ray, Arnold, Redshift, Beast, Enlighten)
● Mastery of UV projection and unfolding techniques (overlapping, splitting, padding) and of UV packing
● Great understanding about human anatomy, proportion and perspective.
● Experience and knowledge about video games, and game development production processes.
● Great understanding of composition, color, shading, lighting.
● Great understanding of different art styles, design process and creative workflow.
● Good level in 3D Art: Modelling, Texturing and rendering.
● Able to Set up lighting systems that are compatible with the memory limitations of target platforms
● Proficiency in Animate/Flash action-script
● Ability to follow and adapt to different stylistic guidelines
● Good communication, interpersonal, teamwork, English language, stress management and time management skills
● Hand-drawing, digital painting and illustration are a plus
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What we offer:
- Wacom provided, full facilities equipped for your work.
- Lunch allowance, 13th month salary and semester bonus twice a year.
- Free English class
- Splendid river view from our city center office
- Amazing staff events around the year (Company trip, New Year Party, Women’s Day, Christmas, Gameloft Day...)
- Many sport/game/tech clubs for enthusiasts. A fully equipped game room with PS, Wii and Xbox Kinect.
- Soft-skill training internally and externally
- Be a part of a global team, work directly with your teammates from many places in the world.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.
- Want to know more? Please visit our Website: http://gameloft-sea.com/