Game Economy Designer
- Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Join the game!
A Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 113 million monthly users, offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 5,700 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft Brisbane are expanding and seek a Game Economy Designer to join our talented team.
As a Game Economy Designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it. You will be identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context, and providing constant data-driven recommendations on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve game financial performance.
To do this, pre-release, you will be designing the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title, and work closely with the development team to see those designs refined and metrics implemented.
Once the game is launched, you will analyse the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model and why, providing solutions to the development team.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics.
- Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
- Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability.
- Managing pricing as to create specific price point roles, implement selling strategies for higher price points.
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release.
- Analyse the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly.
- Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them.
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data.
- Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance.
- Statistics knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining.
- Previous experience as a game designer, social designer or gambling designer;
- Previous experience in econometrics/data mining;
- Experience in community managing, marketing, or product management.
Additionally, you will identify with the following:
- Video game enthusiast
- Knowledgeable in contemporary media (web, games, comics, film, animation etc)
- Open minded and outward focussed
- Good critical sense
- Organised and efficient
- Able to work unsupervised and/or under pressure
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Please send us your CV and include a link to your professional portfolio.
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.