Global Product Marketing Manager
- Beijing, China
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
As part of the Marketing department and working in close collaboration with the production, monetization and user acquisition team, theProductMarketingManagerwill manage, launch, promote and sustain a portfolio of social free-to-play games throughout their entire lifespan. This position is located in our production studio in Beijing, but you will also work and coordinate with our international teams, including but not limited to local marketing & PR managers, web development studios, video production studios, artists, community managers and customer care managers.
From the beginning of your adventure with us, you will be tasked with:
- Identifying the game’s target audience, positioning, values, and selling points
- Creating brand identity: title, packaging, and storytelling around a game’s plot and characters
- Conducting market research, benchmarks, polls and consumer studies
- Following the game development stages and making recommendations toimprove user experience, involvement, socialization and retention
- Coordinating game approval with copyright owners (Universal, Sony Pictures, Ubisoft, Marvel, etc.)
Planning global launches
- Defining the marketing strategy to create brand awareness and generate traffic and installations, including but not limited to press relations, promotion and partnership programs, social marketing actions, sales support docs for app store visibility, traffic acquisition recommendations, etc.
- Coordinating implementation with local marketing & PR teams, key account managers, the game monetization & user acquisition manager, and partners
- Creating promotional tools for games, including videos, web assets,screenshots, storedescriptions and visuals, PR tools and all other assets required for special marketing initiatives
- Analyzing marketing campaign results and reporting them to the teams, top managers, and licensors for each game
- Creation of user acquisition assets in collaboration with local business teams
Monitoring game evolution
- Gauging and analyzing feedback, behavior and market acceptance from game users, then sharing the results & recommendations with the production teams and top managers of each game
- Optimization of the app stores pages performance and visibility
- Collaboration with the user acquisition teams to optimize the advertising campaigns and create new assets
- Coordinating community management and customer care activities/messaging, as well as defining specific game customer care policies when needed
- Prioritizing bugs fixes and user experience improvements, following up on the game update schedule with the production team and monetization manager
- Managing a marketing calendar based on game updates and promotions, and overseeing related announcements, merchandising, and community management
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Marketing
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in marketing in the Video Game or entertainment industry ideally in a similar function
- Knowledge and passion for video games, from hardcore gamer titles to casual social games, and entertainment in general
- Strong analytical skills and thoroughness
- A creative spirit allowing you to develop innovative, result-oriented marketing programs
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Native English and fluent in Mandarin.
- Able to work with a wide range of profiles (business, game design, analysts, etc.)
And above all, motivation and a passion for your work!
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable).
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.