Market & Trend Researcher
- New York, NY
Gameloft, an international publisher and developer of video games for smartphones, tablets, and feature phones, is seeking a Market & Trend Researcher to join our growing team.
Working within the Market Research team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the study of the US and worldwide entertainment and games market with a focus on trend identification and content generation. As the Market & Trend Researcher, you will provide product analysis, trend analysis, and intelligent insight to help drive publishing strategies, internal and external stories, and product recommendations for Gameloft’s growing catalogue. This role is located in our New York studio but you will also get to work and coordinate with our international teams.
As a developer and publisher of games all over the world, Gameloft has many hit games and franchises including Asphalt, Dungeon Hunter, Disney Magic Kingdoms, Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Dragon Mania, Gangstar, and Modern Combat – and we’re always on the lookout for what the next big hit might be, or where it may come from
• Day-to-day research of the wider world of entertainment including movies, TV, games, books, music, and toys.
• Utilize different research methods including primary and secondary sources.
• Report on the US (and worldwide) entertainment and games market with a focus on emerging trends.
• Devise tracking and measurement methods to record notable changes to the marketplace.
• Develop, research, and pitch ideas for new business and growth opportunities for the company.
• Review and benchmark competitive products and highlight their factors of success - and make recommendations on how these can be applied to company products.
• Develop, execute, and analyze data for Gameloft’s business teams - ranging from Product Marketing, PR, Sales, Licensing, and User Acquisition.
• Generate internal and external stories for corporate, games, and sales through market reporting, trends, and data.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• 2+ years’ experience in market research or consumer marketing, ideally in the video games or entertainment industry.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• Experience working within an international environment.
• Knowledge and passion for video games from hardcore gamer’s titles to casual social games.
• Demonstrate a US-centric and global understanding of the entertainment industry and continually keep up-to-date with trends both big and small.
• Strong analytical skills with a meticulous mind.
• Creative and critical thinker.
• Creative writer with an ability to translate research findings / data into stories.
• Talented communicator with an excellent grasp of the English language.
• Ability to work proactively, autonomously, and within a team.
• Highly proficient in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
• To take part in the rise of a dynamic, stimulating, and captivating sector
• To be a part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing
• To work within a team made up of people motivated by and passionate about their field
• To work with talented people who are industry pioneers
• The idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues all over the world
• To work with renowned partners and clients such as Apple, Google, Nintendo, Disney, Marvel, and many others
• To push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console-quality games for mobile phones!
• Looking for great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space
• Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work
If one or more of these reasons speak to you, don’t hesitate to apply now!