Market Research Specialist
- Beijing, China
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Working within the Market & Product Intelligence team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the study of the Chinese entertainment and games market. As the Market Research Specialist you will arrange and execute market research, product analysis, and intelligent insight to help drive publishing strategies and recommendations for Gameloft’s continued growth in the Chinese and Asian markets. This role is located in our Beijing studio but you will also get to work and coordinate with our international teams.
As a developer and publisher of games all over the world, Gameloft has many hit games and franchises including Asphalt, Dungeon Hunter, Disney Magic Kingdoms, Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Dragon Mania, Gangstar, and Modern Combat – and we’re always on the lookout for what the next big hit might be, or where it may come from.
- Conduct market analysis to identify new business and growth opportunities for the company in the Chinese and Asian markets.
- Utilize different research methods including but not limited to usability testing and surveys.
- Build and update comprehensive consumer profiles of Chinese mobile gamers.
- Research new and emerging audience segments and their total addressable market.
- Research the potential of licenses, suggest new actionable licenses, and monitor new entertainment section growth for emerging license acquisition.
- Work with our licensing and production teams to devise creative ways to integrate new business opportunities into existing company products.
- Conduct consumer studies, user surveys, and polls to discover prospective audience preferences (Worldwide and in China).
- Utilize internal data and analytics services to collect insights and consolidate into actionable items, reports, and presentations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience in market research or consumer marketing, ideally in the video games or entertainment industry.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Experience working within an international environment - whether in a professional or educational capacity - is preferable.
- Knowledge and passion for video games from hardcore gamer’s titles to casual social games, and entertainment as a whole.
- Strong analytical skills with a meticulous mind.
- Talented communicator with an excellent grasp of the English language.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable).
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.