Market Reporting & Trend Researcher
- Beijing, China
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Working within the Market & Product Intelligence team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the study of the Chinese entertainment and games market. As the Market Reporting & Trend Researcher you will provide product analysis, trend identification, and intelligent insight to help drive publishing strategies and recommendations for Gameloft’s continued growth in the Chinese and Asian markets. This role is located in our Beijing studio but you will also get to work and coordinate with our international teams.
As a developer and publisher of games all over the world, Gameloft has many hit games and franchises including Asphalt, Dungeon Hunter, Disney Magic Kingdoms, Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Dragon Mania, Gangstar, and Modern Combat – and we’re always on the lookout for what the next big hit might be, or where it may come from.
- Day-to-day research of the wider world of entertainment including movies, TV, games, books, music, and toys to identify new business and growth opportunities in the Chinese and Asian markets.
- Utilize different research methods including primary and secondary sources.
- Devise tracking and measurement methods to record notable changes to the marketplace.
- Review and benchmark competitive products and highlight their factors of success - and make recommendations on how these can be applied to company products.
- Build and update comprehensive consumer profiles of Chinese mobile gamers.
- Develop, execute and analyze data for Gameloft’s business teams - ranging from Product Marketing, PR, Sales, Licensing, and User Acquisition.
- Generate internal and external stories for corporate, games, and sales through market reporting, trends, and data.
- Utilize internal data and analytics services to collect insights and consolidate into actionable items, reports, and presentations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience or more in market research or consumer marketing, ideally in the video games or entertainment industry.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Experience working within an international environment - whether in a professional or educational capacity - is preferable.
- Demonstrate an Asia-centric and global understanding of the entertainment industry and continually keep up-to-date with trends both big and small.
- Knowledge and passion for video games from hardcore gamer’s titles to casual social games.
- Strong analytical skills with a meticulous mind.
- Talented communicator with an excellent grasp of the English language.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable).
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.