- New Orleans, LA
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
This position is based in the creative and inspiring city of New Orleans, an international metropolis built on entertainment and opportunity! New Orleans is home to superb music, architecture, food, and art –which are parts of its very fabric – and is one of the most culturally and historically rich cities in America. We are the festival capital of the world and have an endless list of both nightlife and family activities. In New Orleans, you will simply never run out of things to do!
• Implementing and optimizing special effects in a 3D graphics engine
• Programming in all relevant languages (C/C++/GLSL/HLSL/Cg)
• Providing assistance for 3D functions and systems designed for the production;
• Programming the tools necessary for other teams
• Implementing cutting-edge 3D graphics technology to games on the latest generation of consoles
• Working closely with game developers and graphics teams to determine the various game limitations and implementing all game elements
• Required: C/C++
• Required: In-depth knowledge of 3D programming (OpenGL or DirectX)
• Asset: University degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Important: Good organizational skills and able to work independently or as part of a team
• Important: At least 5 years’ programming experience in the video game industry
• Important: At least 2 years’ experience in 3D rendering algorithms
• Important: Good understanding of game consoles and their limitations
• Important: Understanding of freeware and commercial games
• Important: Basic knowledge of 3D Studio Max
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
• To take part in the rise of a dynamic, stimulating, and captivating sector
• To be a part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing
• To work within a team made up of people motivated by and passionate about their field
• To work with talented people who are industry pioneers
• The idea of expanding your horizons within a cosmopolitan corporate culture and sharing your know-how with colleagues all over the world
• To work with renowned partners and clients such as Apple, Google, Nintendo, Disney, Marvel, and many others
• To push technology to its limits – to succeed at creating console-quality games for mobile phones!
• Looking for great working conditions and benefits, all within a modern, friendly space
• Or just because you’re looking for a great place to work
If one or more of these reasons speak to you, don’t hesitate to apply now!