GED - Game Economy Designer 游戏经济/数值策划
- Beijing, China
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- As a Game Economy Designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and how the customers behave in it. You will be identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context and providing constant data-driven recommendation on design, tuning and pricing in order to improve financial performance of games.
- To do this, pre-release, you’re able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics which allow you to individually measure their impact in a given title and work closely with the development team to see those designs refined and metrics implemented.
- Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model, why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management.
- This is a position requiring a mix of strong economic and marketing knowledge with a passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
Day-to-day Tasks Include:
- Defining the virtual products and their statistics with the development team and understanding how each of them contributes to the game dynamics
- Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, and defining the key points of exposure for those drivers
- Balancing the needs for those virtual products, their relationships, life cycles and their streams of availability
- Managing pricing to create specific price point roles and implementing selling strategies for higher price points
- Regularly providing user feedback and statistics/price point tuning to development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release
- Analyzing the evolution of the metrics you defined to spot both monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, then reporting suggestions for game design or strategy accordingly
- Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design and solid understanding of how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down to their key variables and to identify the relationships between them
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data
- Knowledge of statistics, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game to identify specific weaknesses and strengths in economy design
- Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve financial performance
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining
- Previous experience as Game Designer, Social Designer or Gambling Designer
- Fluent written and spoken English (Asset), concise writing skills
- Strong understanding of MS Excel
- Advanced understanding of SQL
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of video games with special focus on MMOs and competitive games
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience in econometrics / data mining
- Graduate degree or BA in Economics, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction
- Mastering of UI prototyping tools such as Flash
- Experience in community managing, marketing or product management
- Ability to operate in Mandarin
- Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable).
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.