Game Creative Director – China Publishing
- Beijing, China
A leading digital and social game publisher, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
· Outline design concepts (gameplay and metagame) for Chinese games;
· Provide clear direction and feedback on Chinese design and vision to product owners and leaders around Worldwide Studios;
· Benchmark successful Chinese games, producing best practices catalogs for Worldwide studios and Executive to use as references;
· Can travel inside and outside Asia to collaborate with Worldwide Studios
Required Experience And Qualifications
· Diploma in Game Design or related experience;
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in the Mobile Game industry; at least 2 years as a Lead/Senior Game Designer.
· Worked as a Lead/Senior Game Designer of any of Top 50 Grossing China mobile games in 2016
· Fluent in Chinese, Moderate in English
· Knowledge of the principles of Mobile Game Design: Touch UI, camera, character, monetization…;
· Ability to communicate your vision, coach and mobilize a team;
· Excellent capacity to write and synthesize your ideas;
· Knowledge of the technological constraints related to the Mobile industry is considered an asset;
Motivations & Interests
- Must understand what makes good Chinese Mobile games so special, and have the ability to pick games apart, pointing out what works and what doesn’t.
- Complete understanding of product vision, able to communicate and formalize that vision to refer to Worldwide Studios and Executives.
- Wants to work in an International company, part of a big Media group, on building the best next-generation Chinese games.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable).
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.