Artiste Technique / Technical Artist (Contract)
- Avenue Ogilvy, Montréal, QC, Canada
Founded in 2002, Game On started as an audio postproduction house that forayed into facial capture before spawning one of the largest motion-capture studios in the world. We are now a full-service animation production studio - a turnkey studio that translates scripts into vibrant final products.
Game On is looking for a technical artist to ensure art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing either the overall artistic vision or exceeding the technical limitations. Despite their technical knowledge, the Technical Artist works part of the art team, working closely with the Lead Technical Artist and the Creative Director, as well as the Programmers. The Technical Artist's main areas of responsibility include setting up and maintaining the art production workflow and making decisions about which tools a studio should use. They are also charged with investigating new techniques and implementing them.
- Determines the technical impact of the artistic vision;
- Simplifies production by finding ways to automate tasks and improve processes;
- Develops best practices, solutions and tools in order to solve problems;
- Promote the reuse of assets, know-how and tools across multiple projects;
- Ensures that the team has the technical expertise to do the work required in the project;
- Seeks to constantly push the limits of technology;
- Establishes strong communication between the creative and technical teams;
- Finds innovative solutions and demonstrates expertise in the field of technical optimization to produce the best visual results possible within the limits of technology equipment;
- Ensures the synchronization of art related technologies and tools with the Montreal studio;
- Strong comprehension of the rendering pipeline in order to gauge the impact on performance.
- Degree in 3D design;
- 3 years of experience related to 3D modeling, textures, frames, animation, lighting, special effects and scripts;
- Technical Knowledge in real time 3D graphics and digital content creation pipeline;
- Realtime and pre-calculated lighting knowledge;
- Good communication skills
- Experience in video game industry;
- Understanding of scripting and programming (Python and Mel, materials and shaders, an asset);
- Experience in creating and deploying versions and production processes;
- Experience with commercial 3D tools (Maya, Motion Builder Substance);
- Mandatory experience with Unreal 4 (other game engines will be considered an asset);
- Fluent in English and French
Complete benefits package, Flat organizational structure, FUN working environment and amazing projects!