Lead Technical Artist
- Avenue Ogilvy, Villeray—Saint-Michel—Parc-Extension, QC, Canada
Founded in 2002, Game On started as an audio postproduction house that forayed into facial capture before spawning one of the largest motion-capture studios in the world. We are now a full-service animation production studio - a turnkey studio that translates scripts into vibrant final products.
Game On is looking for a Lead Technical Artist experienced in developing for the Unreal game engine and guiding the work of other art staff. This is an embedded team-based role, so the candidate must be able to work closely and productively with multi-disciplinary development team members.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Technical Artist who can collaborate with our team of experienced artists, producers, coders, designers and quality assurance analysts. The candidate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Collaborating and communicating with content creators using a service-minded attitude, seeking to understand requirements and offer support (training, documentation, or other forms) as necessary.
* Working closely with teammates to assess, design, implement, and maintain art creation pipelines/workflows that meet (or anticipate) artist needs and effectively drive productivity for content creators across all Game On projects.
* Working with the Leads and Project management team to estimate the duration of art tasks, and then enforcing deliverables and standards.
* Advise on emerging graphics technology, with a programmatic/procedural approach to real-time implementation.
* Successfully communicating the state of project deliverables you are responsible for.
* Successfully expediting road-blocking issue resolution.
* Implementing project directives and delivering on production best practices.
The right candidate for this position would ideally have a traditional art background, supplemented with digital art asset production experience. We are looking for the following skill set:
* Proficiency with modern art production and bug-tracking tools in an Unreal engine-based project environment.
* Solid understanding of one or several components of Unreal Engine such as Material Editor and Shader, Blueprints, Animation, Scene Building, Sequencer, Lighting and Unreal 4 Scripting systems
* Understanding of toolsets, layouts, lighting, asset requirements, performance budgets and profiling, build systems, and asset conditioning/export pipelines in the Unreal engine.
* Experience with Python and C# scripting and knowledge of 3D art packages (Maya and Motionbuilder).
* Experience in gaming project delivery.
* Well-developed trouble-shooting skills - must able to quickly identify and resolve art issues and demonstrate versatility.
* Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
* Art leadership: ability to create and define asset requirements, training other artists in new techniques and processes.
* 5+ years of experience delivering high-quality commercial software products.
Complete benefits package, Vertical org. structure, FUN working environment and amazing projects!