Team manager - Product
- 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal, QC H3K 1G6, Canada
At GSoft, we design simple software that helps cultivate the potential of organizations. With our products, we have the privilege of helping tens of thousands of companies improve the way they work. That's what drives us every day: the opportunity to shape the organization of tomorrow. We've been doing it since 2006 in the world of Cloud and HR technologies with our two flagship products, ShareGate and Officevibe, and it's paying off. Today, we count on the trust of customers in more than 100 countries.
This role is for our line of ShareGate products.
ShareGate, what is it?
ShareGate is a simple suite of products specifically designed to help businesses access, adopt, manage and optimize the Office 365 platform. ShareGate empowers IT professionals, to get even more from Microsoft Cloud technology, ensuring a better structured, more efficiently organized workflow.
So, what will your new role look like?
We are looking for a team manager for the ShareGate ecosystem development team. The team manager will be required to coordinate operations while also helping a group of 8 to 12 GSoft team members map their career development. This job is all about people. The team manager will be required to implement change management, conduct performance assessments, hire new talent and find new ways to improve collaboration.
- Help team members improve their performance and encourage them to develop their skills. Recognize the strengths and accomplishments of each team member and provide constructive feedback.
- Tackle business challenges and ensure that the team is ready to take on those challenges. Implement the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and ensure that the team is using their time and energy accordingly.
- Address the strategic and human needs of the team. Regularly ensure that the tactics chosen meet strategic objectives and business needs.
- Develop the delivery ecosystem. Help improve processes by collaborating with other managers and practice leaders.
- Manage day-to-day operations. Manage the team budget and requests accordingly.
- Be an ambassador for GSoft culture and values. Lead by example and adopt behaviours that embody our values.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. Take change management seriously and ensure that all decisions are met with a mutual understanding.
What new challenges will your team be taking on?
The current team in place is working on building a roadmap for the product vision. The short-term objective is to create a development team composed of three developers, a product designer, a product owner and a manager in order to start the first phase of the project.
The new team will work to unite our current applications in order to offer our users a single experience. As well as putting in place complex systems, the team will also work closely with other product teams with the aim of aligning their projects.
The initial challenges will therefore be to help build this new team and to support it during the change management. Once the project is fully underway, the game plan for 2022 will need to be drawn up.
Ultimately, you will be assigned a second technology team.
In addition, you will join a team of managers working together on joint projects to enable the product ecosystem to evolve. The hot topics in recent months included:
- Clarifying investments associated with supporting the application in production.
- Restructuring roles as part of a large remuneration project.
- Putting DevOps metrics in place for each product.
- Recruiting remotely for permanent staff and interns.
The upcoming projects for the team include:
- Growing the ecosystem so that your new team can be integrated.
- Integrating Scrum Master into our working methods.
- Organizing continuous improvement around the DevOps metrics recently put in place.
You embody positivity.
Driven and flexible
You can confidently face challenges and failures head-on while keeping team morale high.
You can carry out several projects concurrently and organize your time meticulously to collaborate with colleagues at the strategic, tactical and operational levels.
You are not afraid to make difficult decisions that may spark negative reactions and confrontation within your team. You know how to choose the right time to make tough decisions.
Excellent communicator (written and verbally)
You can clearly communicate key elements that will engage and inspire your team.
Expert in modern development practices
You have extensive knowledge and are fluent in modern development approaches: Manifeste Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Design Thinking, Lean and Jobs To Be Done.
At GSoft, we build together, we trust each other, and we support each other in success or failure. You will be able to express yourself, evolve and develop your creativity in an environment that will adapt to your daily life and your needs.
We strive to create a healthy and inclusive work environment. This is everyone’s business.
Our Candidate Experience Flow at GSoft:
Phone Screen - Virtual Interview using Microsoft Teams - Work Sample - Job Offer
We are looking forward to getting to know you!