Back End Developer - Operation Team
- 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal, QC H3K 1G6, Canada
At GSoft, we design simple software that helps cultivate the potential of organizations. With our products, we have the privilege of helping tens of thousands of companies improve the way they work. That's what drives us every day: the opportunity to shape the organization of tomorrow. We've been doing it since 2006 in the world of Cloud and HR technologies with our two flagship products, ShareGate and Officevibe, and it's paying off. Today, we count on the trust of customers in more than 100 countries.
This role is for our line of ShareGate products.
ShareGate, what is it?
ShareGate is a simple suite of products specifically designed to help businesses access, adopt, manage and optimize the Office 365 platform. ShareGate empowers professionals IT, to get even more from Microsoft Cloud technology, ensuring a better structured, more efficiently organized workflow.
So, what will your new role look like?
- Designing, developing, and maintaining the product’s functionalities and producing a design and code that comply with best practices (robustness, security, readability, performance, maintainability, upgradability).
- Assessing technical solutions by participating in feasibility studies and the technical evaluation of the solutions proposed to meet needs and increase ROI.
- Participating in application security risk assessments, particularly by learning the organization’s SSDLC practices.
- Participating in all stages of our quality assurance standards: designing, developing, and updating various tests (unit tests, integration tests, system tests, end-to-end tests, manual testing, regression testing, and automation)
- Deploying, monitoring, and supporting the application during production (CI/CD)
A typical week?
- Investigating and fixing production issues: 50%
- Providing operational support and dealing with requests related to health such as the application quality: 12.5%
- Automating and supporting production operations: 12.5%
- Implementing a new testing and quality assurance platform, including configuring, documenting, and migrating test data: 25%
All this on which technical stack?
- Backend developed in C# with .NET Framework 4.6.2 and other tools with .NET Core 3.
- Frontend developed in C# WPF with the MVVM approach. API (Microsoft, etc), CSOM, Graph API, Soap services, Rest API.
- Bigs fans of Azure, we use a wide range of its products (Active directory, App service, Enterprise application, Storage Account, Virtual machines, etc.).
- And DevOps fan, we use pipelines and processes with Team City, Azure DevOps, Git and PowerShell.
What will your future team look like?
Composed of 4 people who care about quality, the operations team is responsible for supporting the development environment for the “ShareGate Desktop” product. As well as being indispensable to resolving highly complex bugs in the code, the team is also responsible for coordinating several optimization initiatives. To achieve this, they work with several other teams such as infrastructure, support, product and development.
What will your team be taking on next?
- The next few months will be spent implementing a new automated testing platform including configuring, documenting and migrating test data.
- Putting in place metrics and objectives to improve our development processes (DevOps).
- Implementing technological solutions to support the growth of the ShareGate Desktop product.
- Sense of initiative, autonomy, and resourcefulness.
- Experience with object-oriented programming using C#.
- Strong Interest in implementing automated test suites.
- Analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
At GSoft, we build together, we trust each other, and we support each other in success or failure. You will be able to express yourself, evolve and develop your creativity in an environment that will adapt to your daily life and your needs.
We strive to create a healthy and inclusive work environment. This is everyone’s business.
Our Candidate Experience Flow at GSoft:
Phone Screen - Virtual Interview using Microsoft Teams - Technical Test & Work Sample - Job Offer
We are looking forward to getting to know you!