Senior Software Developer .NET - Engineering Team
- 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal, QC H3K 1G6, Canada
At GSoft, we design simple software that helps cultivate the potential of organizations. With our products, we have the privilege of helping tens of thousands of companies improve the way they work. That's what drives us every day: the opportunity to shape the organization of tomorrow. We've been doing it since 2006 in the world of Cloud and HR technologies with our two flagship products, ShareGate and Officevibe, and it's paying off. Today, we count on the trust of customers in more than 100 countries.
This position is specifically for our Officevibe product.
Officevibe, what is it?
Officevibe is a software that lets managers do what they do best: build an environment of confidence, collaboration and growth in their organization. Managers can count on Officevibe solutions to help expand and develop their team, enriching dialogue with team members and gaining helpful insights into their needs.
So, what will your new role actually look like?
As the senior software developer on the engineering team, you’ll be developing and leading back-end solutions to improve Officevibe’s foundations.
- Actively take part in the design and development of high-impact IT projects, such as authentication stack, administration tools, internal NuGet servers, etc.
- Participate in infrastructure and back-end architectural designs.
- Evaluate emerging technology and cutting-edge solutions that are likely to improve product efficiency, reliability and integration.
- Build prototypes to support decision-making regarding the product’s technological direction.
- Analyze, define and expose potential issues in the software development cycle.
- Promote loosely coupled architecture based on a micro-service philosophy.
- Share your knowledge through presentations, trainings and workshops.
- Mentor other developers regarding product development best practices.
- Participate in developing our DevOps practices.
- Identify, assess and resolve production performance issues.
How will your time be spent throughout a typical week?
- Developing and collaborating with other developers: 75%
- Sharing knowledge and mentoring your colleagues (directly and indirectly): 25%
All of this on which technical stack?
- Using monolith architecture that we separate into microservices, our back end is developed in C# .NET Core 3.1+, .NET 4.8+, C# and Hangfire, all on the Azure Cloud platform.
- We use DDD software design and CQRS pattern methods and apply SOLID principles.
- Responsive, the front-end is developed using React (Hooks), Sass and PostCss for styling.
- Our data is based on MongoDB’s document-oriented DB paradigm.
- We’re big DevOps fans, and Officevibe undertakes more than 50 deployments/week for our clients. We use pipelines and processes with Azure DevOps, Git, PowerShell, Docker, and Kubernetes.
What does your future team look like?
The engineering team's mission is to make developers more efficient by optimizing the development cycle. Our 2 teams have multiples responsibilities :
- The realization of short / medium / long term technological projects.
- The promotion of a weakly coupled architecture through the implementation/adoption of microservices.
- Cloud infrastructure and security.
Improving the development cycle can be done in several ways:
- Developing tools to help teams
- By implementing development frameworks
- By improving processes
What are the newest challenges awaiting your team?
- Helping develop and implement our next authentication stack based on an innovative product.
- Participating in the creation of the next key microservices.
- You are an expert in back-end software development in C# on an ASP.NET stack.
- You can easily break down complex technical concepts and enjoy technical exploration.
- You’ve got a keen interest in coding best practices and DevOps practices.
- You know enough about back-end development that you can envision the entire system and how to operationalize its infrastructure.
At GSoft, we build together, we trust each other, and we support each other in success or failure. You will be able to express yourself, evolve and develop your creativity in an environment that will adapt to your daily life and your needs.
We strive to create a healthy and inclusive work environment. This is everyone’s business.
Our Candidate Experience Flow at GSoft:
Phone Screen - Virtual Interview using Microsoft Teams - Work Sample - Job Offer
We are looking forward to getting to know you!