Tech Lead - Innovation Lab
- 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal, QC H3K 1G6, Canada
GSoft is all about software crafted for smarter workplaces. Through our products, we have the privilege of helping tens of thousands of companies improve how they work. Since 2006, the chance to shape the businesses of tomorrow drives us each and every day. It has been driving us to launch into the cloud and HR technology universe with our pillar products, ShareGate and Officevibe. It’s been worth every moment. Today we are proud to be counted on by clients in more than 100 countries.
This position is specifically for the Innovation lab.
The Innovation lab, what is it?
The Lab is an incubator of innovative products whose mission is to create several SaaS per year, within the GSoft family. It’s a dedicated team working to conceive, develop, test, validate and launch new products that can unleash the potential of businesses. In other words, it’s more than R&D we launch new products, for real clients with real needs.
So, what will your new role actually look like?
As a Tech Lead working in the Innovation lab, you will help develop two to three new products per year. You’ll be responsible for:
- Contribute as a leader in all aspects of product development from the ground up.
- Participate in the technical choices that allow innovative products to stand out in the marketplace and achieve our ambitious goals.
- Improve development practices for our products and MVPs to accelerate time to market;
- Collaborate directly with our Design Director and Product Owner to assist in prioritizing and assigning tasks.
- Take on a mentoring role within the technical team to help everyone grow in their skills.
- Help us grow the team in the process of recruiting other developers.
- Use the best and latest technologies, because we need to stay ahead in innovation.
A typical week?
- Individual and collaborative development: 75%.
- Collaboration with the product team: 10%
- Technical coaching and team meetings: 15%.
All this on which technical stack?
The architecture of the lab's products is constantly evolving, with the goal of being reusable and always making it easier to start new projects. This architecture evolves over time and the team is always looking for new perspectives. Today, here is where it stands:
- Our back end is developed in C# .NET Core and comprises a set of distributed systems hosted on the Azure Cloud.
- Our architecture is based on Event Sourcing and CQRS with a DDD approach, allowing us to create scalable products with modular features.
- The front end is developed in Vue.js, together with PostCSS, Tailwind CSS and our own system of in-house UI components.
- We work with MongoDB databases, since they are so versatile for our different projects.
- DevOps is at the heart of all our projects as we use tools such as Azure DevOps, Git, Docker and Kubernetes.
What does your future team look like?
Joining the Innovation lab means becoming part of a team that is passionate about creating products that have a positive and lasting impact on the way that global companies get work done. The digital-first team is made up of 12 experts from different expertise. This team is extremely hands-on and actively involved in shaping the direction of the new products they develop!
What are the next challenges awaiting your team?
- Take the lead on the development of a new product that will be found in the most used Market Places in the world (Slack, Zendesk, Zoom, Teams, etc)
- Take part in the first discussions on the creation of a new solution that helps integrate remote employees in companies (we just launched this new product in June 2021!).
- Helping the AI team to develop new prototypes on a short term basis (2-3 months)
- Developing innovative features for our new products.
- Creating an integration strategy for other platforms to speed up product adoption (Slack, Teams, BambooHR, etc.).
- You are highly skilled in all aspects of the development cycles of web/SaaS applications: planning, designing software architecture and Cloud infrastructures, implementing features, support;
- You are comfortable with at least one Cloud platform;
- You have experience in DevOps practices;
- You can work independently, are comfortable with technological exploration, questioning the status quo, and uncertainty;
- You are interested in SaaS marketing (start-up mode).
At GSoft, we build together, we trust each other, and we support each other in success or failure. You will be able to express yourself, evolve and develop your creativity in an environment that will adapt to your daily life and your needs.
We strive to create a healthy and inclusive work environment. This is everyone’s business.
Our Candidate Experience Flow at GSoft :
Phone Screen - Technical Phone Screen - Virtual Interview using Microsoft Teams - Technical Work Sample - Job Offer
We are looking forward to get to know you!