Head of Product Design - GLab
- 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal, QC H3K 1G6, Canada
- Department: Laboratoire d'innovation
- Location: 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal
GSoft is all about software crafted for smarter workplaces. Through our products, we have the privilege of helping tens of thousands of companies improve how they work. Since 2006, the chance to shape the businesses of tomorrow drives us each and every day. It has been driving us to launch into the cloud and HR technology universe with our pillar products, ShareGate and Officevibe. It’s been worth every moment. Today we are proud to be counted on by clients in more than 100 countries.
This position is specifically for the GLab.
GLab, what is it?
GLab is the technology incubator of the GSoft family. A dedicated team that jumps headfirst into creating, testing validating and launching new products that have been designed to help businesses thrive. In other words, we invest in R & D so that we can help our clients get from A to Z.
So, what will your new role actually look like?
As Head of Product Design, you will be involved in both the strategic and creative processes of the project. Our product strategy will inspire you to explore different creative approaches to make our products a cut above the rest. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the development teams have what they need to bring the product vision to life.
- Guiding, supervising and mentoring the product designer who will be in charge of creating product mock-ups.
- Understanding the inner workings of our customer’s business environments and workflow to create simple yet intuitive solutions.
- Tweaking the design component of the innovation laboratory so that our solutions provide innovative and daring user experiences.
- Analyzing competitor products to streamline product development and improve our marketing strategy for future products.
- Suggesting creative and unconventional takes on new products by using rapid prototyping tools, interactive demos and usability testing to point the team in the right direction.
- Communicating with the development team to understand the technical constraints of a project and make logical and appropriate design changes.
What does your future team look like?
Joining GLab means becoming part of a team that is passionate about creating products that have a positive and lasting impact on the way that global companies get work done. The digital-first team is made up of 12 experts from different fields that work together to make magic. This team is extremely hands-on and actively involved in shaping the direction of the new products that they develop!
What are the newest challenges awaiting your team?
- Conceptualizing SaaS solutions integrated into Microsoft/Google/BambooHR/etc. tools to improve or completely reinvent remote collaboration within SMEs.
- Sifting through technological prototype (POC) data from our artificial intelligence team to help human resources in their day-to-day decision-making.
- Creating (3) completely different design mock-ups as potential experimental prototypes.
- You have proven experience in leading design initiatives (UX/ui), specifically with cloud products and/or workflow management software.
- You have experience in UX research, wireframing and UI prototyping.
- You know how to use design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma and Photoshop.
- You love the challenge of coming up with new ideas and product functionalities.
- You know how to bring your vision to life and take it to the next level.
At GSoft, we build together, we trust each other, and we support each other, in success or failure. You will be able to express yourself, evolve and develop your creativity in an environment that will adapt to your daily life and your needs.
We strive to create a healthy and inclusive work environment. This is everyone’s business.