Technical Content Specialist
- 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal, QC H3K 1G6, Canada
- Department: ShareGate
- Location: 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal
At GSoft, we design simple software that helps cultivate the potential of organizations. With our products, we have the privilege of helping tens of thousands of companies improve the way they work. That's what drives us every day: the opportunity to shape the organization of tomorrow. We've been doing it since 2006 in the world of Cloud and HR technologies with our two flagship products, ShareGate and Officevibe, and it's paying off. Today, we count on the trust of customers in more than 100 countries.
This position is specifically for our ShareGate products.
ShareGate, what is it?
ShareGate is a simple suite of products specifically designed to help businesses access, adopt, manage, and optimize the Microsoft 365 platform. ShareGate empowers IT professionals to get even more from Microsoft Cloud technology, ensuring a better structured, more efficiently organized workflow.
So, what will your new role actually look like?
ShareGate prides itself on having a self-serve first mentality; that means that our users search our online help content before they contact our team for help. Our online help centers are updated regularly to ensure that the content is always meeting the desired outcome of our users. As an External Technical Content Writer, you will help create and maintain all the customer-facing online technical content that helps the user achieve their desired outcome with our product suite.
You will be responsible for:
- Understanding how the ShareGate products work, so that you can create helpful and effective customer-facing technical content.
- Understanding the user experience, and having a sense of empathy for the user so that the technical content always best reflects the user’s desired outcome.
- Writing, editing, and publishing technical content on our online help centers within the required deadlines. This includes (but is not limited to):
- How-to articles
- Error troubleshooting
- Release notes
- Video scripts
- Listening to both internal feedback (Customer Success, Product, Sales, and Marketing) and external feedback (from users), and applying this feedback to improve the external technical content.
A typical week?
- Meeting with your peers in the Technical Content sub-team to prioritize and assign work.
- Speaking to subject matter experts across departments on the various topics you are creating content for.
- Replicating tasks using the ShareGate products to better understand and write about the topics.
- Writing, reviewing, and publishing the needed technical content on the online help centers.
- Sharing your progress with the Customer Success team as a whole so that they can use and promote your content across our user base.
What does your future team look like?
You’ll be part of the Technical Content team within Customer Success. Technical Content is a small sub-team comprised of passionate individuals who manage all the customer-facing technical content on the online help centers. You will be working closely with your Technical Content Team Lead and fellow External Technical Content Specialist, both who will help support and mentor you on your journey.
What are the upcoming challenges?
- Gaining a better understanding of the customer experience for our newest ShareGate product, so that we can write even better technical content that meets their desired outcome.
- Integrating video content on the help centers to help adapt to the diverse ways users like to engage with the content.
- An ability to understand complex concepts and explain them in a simple and accessible way through writing.
- Previous experience in a technical writing role or similar.
- The ability to follow strict writing standards and guidelines.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- The flexibility to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Good time-management, and the capacity to work well with deadlines and under pressure.
- Being empathetic, user oriented, and passionate about helping our users through technical content.
- Understanding the key role metrics and feedback has in improving the technical content.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft ecosystem, its market and how customers are using each service offered.
- A great understanding of the concepts “user experience” and “customer journey”
- Previous experience contributing customer-facing content to an online help center.
- Previous experience writing and publishing content using the Zendesk platform.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Java.
- Experience writing video scripts and/or creating videos that help users achieve a desired outcome.
At GSoft, we build together, we trust each other, and we support each other in success or failure. You will be able to express yourself, evolve and develop your creativity in an environment that will adapt to your daily life and your needs.
We strive to create a healthy and inclusive work environment. This is everyone’s business.