Senior Full Stack Developer - GLab Team
- 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal, QC H3K 1G6, Canada
- Department: Laboratoire d'innovation
- Location: 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal
GSoft is all about software crafted for smarter workplaces. Through our products, we have the privilege of helping tens of thousands of companies improve how they work. Since 2006, the chance to shape the businesses of tomorrow drives us each and every day. It has been driving us to launch into the cloud and HR technology universe with our pillar products, ShareGate and Officevibe. It’s been worth every moment. Today we are proud to be counted on by clients in more than 100 countries.
This position is specifically for the GLab.
GLab, what is it?
GLab is a tech incubator within the GSoft family. It’s a dedicated team working to conceive, develop, test, validate and launch new products that can unleash the potential of businesses. In other words, it’s R&D done A to Z, for real clients with real needs.
So, what will your new role actually look like?
As a senior full stack developer working in the GLab, you will help develop 2 to 3 new products per year. You’ll be responsible for:
- Significantly contributing to all aspects of product development;
- Being part of the technical decisions that help the team meet the objectives set;
- Helping establish and improve development practices in order to speed up MVP product launches onto the market;
- Using the very best and latest technologies, because we need to stay ahead of the game in terms of innovation.
A typical week?
- Individual and collaborative development: 85%
- Team meetings: 15%
All this on which technical stack?
- Our product architecture is constantly evolving, with the aim of being reusable and making launching new products ever-easier.
- Our back end is developed in C# .NET Core and comprises a set of distributed systems hosted on the Azure Cloud.
- Our architecture is based on Event Sourcing and CQRS with a DDD approach, allowing us to create scalable products with modular features.
- The front end is developed in Vue.js, together with PostCSS, Tailwind CSS and our own system of in-house UI components.
- We work with MongoDB databases, since they are so versatile for our different projects.
- DevOps is at the heart of all our projects as we use tools such as Azure DevOps, Git, Docker and Kubernetes.
What does your future team look like?
Joining GLab means becoming part of a team that is passionate about creating products that have a positive and lasting impact on the way that global companies get work done. The digital-first team is made up of 12 experts from different expertise. This team is extremely hands-on and actively involved in shaping the direction of the new products they develop!
What are the next challenges awaiting your team?
- Creating a new integration solution for remote company employees (we’re literally building a new product!).
- Helping the AI team to develop new prototypes.
- Developing innovative features for our new products.
- Creating an integration strategy for other platforms to speed up product adoption (Slack, Teams, BambooHR, etc.).
- You are highly skilled in all aspects of the development cycles of web/SaaS applications: planning, designing software architecture and Cloud infrastructures, implementing features, support;
- You are comfortable with at least one Cloud platform;
- You have experience in DevOps practices;
- You can work independently, are comfortable with technological exploration, questioning the status quo, and uncertainty;
- You are interested in SaaS marketing (start-up mode).
At GSoft, we build together, we trust each other, and we support each other in success or failure. You will be able to express yourself, evolve and develop your creativity in an environment that will adapt to your daily life and your needs.
We strive to create a healthy and inclusive work environment. This is everyone’s business.
Our Candidate Experience Flow at GSoft :
Phone Screen - Technical Phone Screen - Virtual Interview using Microsoft Teams - Technical Work Sample - Job Offer
We are looking forward to get to know you!