Senior Front-End Developer - Engineering Team
- 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal, QC H3K 1G6, Canada
- Department: Officevibe
- Location: 1751 Rue Richardson, Montréal
At GSoft, we design simple software that helps cultivate the potential of organizations. With our products, we have the privilege of helping tens of thousands of companies improve the way they work. That's what drives us every day: the opportunity to shape the organization of tomorrow. We've been doing it since 2006 in the world of Cloud and HR technologies with our two flagship products, ShareGate and Officevibe, and it's paying off. Today, we count on the trust of customers in more than 100 countries.
This position is specifically for our Officevibe product.
Officevibe, what is it?
Officevibe is a software that lets managers do what they do best: build an environment of confidence, collaboration and growth in their organization. Managers can count on Officevibe solutions to help expand and develop their team, enriching dialogue with team members and gaining helpful insights into their needs.
So, what will your new role actually look like?
As a Senior Front-End Developer on the engineering team, you’ll evaluate emerging technologies and create strategic and innovative solutions that will increase the efficiency and reliability of the Officevibe product. Your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide technical leadership to developers on the product team.
- Coach developers on various front-end development trends.
- Build prototype systems, find and resolving performance issues.
- Participate in the creation of a Design System that all UX/UI developers and designers will use.
- Ensure the main stakeholders have good visibility on how front-end initiatives are progressing.
- Improve our ability to quickly and reliably deploy our front end across multiple teams.
- Evaluate emerging technology and cutting-edge solutions that improve product efficiency, reliability, and integration.
- Participate in fixing version pipelines, optimizing our bundle's size, migrating our Storybook to a new version, improving Chromatic QA, and writing technical documentation.
A typical week?
- Researching, learning and developing: 50%
- Presenting and sharing knowledge with your colleagues (directly and indirectly): 20%
- Helping and supporting developers on product teams to improve their front-end development practices: 30%
All this on which technical stack?
- We develop our responsive front end using the latest React (Hooks) and Sass versions with a little PostCSS for styling. We provide top performance using code-splitting, Suspense, and a BEM CSS library.
- Our design system, Igloo, allows us to develop features consistent with Officevibe’s brand identity quickly.
- We use DDD software design, CQRS pattern methods and apply the SOLID principles.
- We are evolving our monolith architecture into microservices.
- We develop our back-end in C# .NET Core 3.1+, .NET 4.8+, C#, and Hangfire, all on the Azure Cloud platform.
- We’re big DevOps fans, and Officevibe undertakes more than 50 deployments/week for our clients. We use pipelines and processes with Azure DevOps, Git, PowerShell, Docker and Kubernetes.
What does your future team look like?
The engineering team’s job is to improve our developer’s productivity by optimizing their development cycles. We do this in several ways: by developing tools to help the teams, by implementing development frameworks and by improving processes. The department is made up of 4 teams, each with specific objectives: security, infrastructure, short/medium term technological projects and microservice implementation/adoption.
What are the newest challenges awaiting your team?
- Take our design system to the next level.
- Create a measurable development process to improve our front-end DevOps practices.
- Review the front-end development experience to create a better environment for our product developers.
- You’re an expert in front-end software development using the React framework or an equivalent.
- You know enough about back-end development that you can envision the entire system and how use it efficiently.
- You’ve already developed an in-house framework designed to help a team’s front-end developers make faster progress.
- You can easily break down complex technical concepts.
- You enjoy technical exploration and questioning the status quo.
- You often share what you’ve learned with others via workshops, lunch & learns, etc.
- You’ve got a keen interest in DevOps practices.
At GSoft, we build together, we trust each other, and we support each other in success or failure. You will be able to express yourself, evolve and develop your creativity in an environment that will adapt to your daily life and your needs.
We strive to create a healthy and inclusive work environment. This is everyone’s business.
Our Candidate Experience Flow at GSoft :
Phone Screen - Technical Phone Screen - Virtual Interview using Microsoft Teams - Technical Work Sample - Job Offer
We are looking forward to get to know you!