Undergraduate Information Security Co Op (Fall 2023)
- Job Title: Intern
- Job Location: 75 Hopper Place PITTSBURGH PA 15222
As the global leader in health and wellness innovation since 1935, GNC motivates people to reach their goals with the most trusted and exciting selection of products in the industry.
As #TeamGNC, we work hard to ensure that our consumers come first. We are always cultivating and collaborating on new ideas to bring innovative solutions to the forefront and testing new solutions to translate goals into action. Our team members are advocates for change and innovation.
There is no greater gift than good health and no greater satisfaction than helping others to achieve it. Be a part of helping others to Live Well!
This position is an undergraduate level co-op for the Fall semester of 2023, located in Pittsburgh, PA.
The Information Security College Co-Op will provide business-enabling security services, protect the company, and gain professional experience as a member of our corporate Information Security team. This position will work in partnership with GNC’s Information Security professionals and cross-functional subject matter experts to perform three primary duties:
- User access services, including provisioning, de-provisioning, and auditing user access
- Security operations monitoring, investigating, and responding to security events
- Complete a project to increase the efficiency of the Information Security function through automation or business process improvement.
User Access Services: Enable the business and manage risk by performing the following tasks:
- Provision and terminate user access to/from enterprise systems and applications
- Assist with audits of user access for regulatory compliance
- Troubleshoot user access issues
Security Operations: Enhance security and reduce risk by performing the following tasks:
- Monitor the enterprise computing environment using a portfolio of commercial security solutions
- Identify, investigate, and respond to security events and vulnerabilities
- Monitor industry threat intelligence bulletins and specify vulnerability reduction action plans
Project: Increase the efficiency of either user access services or security operations by completing a project:
- Research industry best practices for user access or security operations; develop and present recommendations to increase efficiency
- Revise and enhance user access or security operations procedures
- Enhance efficiency through automation or process improvement
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Aspects/Work Environment
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands or fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
- This position will work both on-site at GNC’s headquarters and remotely.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- Initiative, Integrity, Confidentiality, and Accountability
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with partner information Security and cross-functional business and technical subject matter experts
- Experience in networking, operating systems administration, programming
- Experience with complex data analysis
- Experience with security information and event management (SIEM) solutions a plus
- Active Directory or LDAP experience a plus
- Technical aptitude with Microsoft Office productivity products
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, and reasoning)
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
GNC Holdings LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer