Literacy Accounts Manager
- St. Louis, MO, USA
Booksource™ is the premier trade book distributor to K-12 school classrooms across the country. We work with hundreds of publishers representing more than 30,000 book titles to sell and distribute authentic literature to educators who use real books, called trade books (versus textbooks), to teach reading, writing and other subjects. These are the books kids actually want to read!
Real books engage students, deepen their understanding, and prepare them for the future, making classroom libraries the heart of a strong reading program. It’s our vision that every school in America will have classroom libraries, and it’s our mission to help make it happen. So Booksource makes it easy for educators by building collections of titles that match to school curriculums.
We offer discounted pricing, free shipping and unparalleled expertise and customer service.
We are THE source for classroom libraries.
To support sales growth and market reach through effective management of customer accounts
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
- Manage pre and post sales activities to support territory growth and sales
- Build Quality Custom book lists and price quotes
- Support and partner with Education Sales Consultants by responding strategically to and coordinating marketing opportunities
- Serve as a content and territory expert
- Provide relevant, constructive feedback on Education Sales Consultants and territory performance to stakeholders
- Monitor and report on sales pipeline and key customer opportunities
- Develop, maintain and demonstrate understanding of Booksource products, services and operational processes
- Provide guidance on selection, distribution, and implementation of Booksource products and services
- Engage in, develop, and /or lead professional development specific to company goals and strategies
- Apply best practices to optimize company margins on all opportunities
- Attend key customer meetings to develop interest to support the sales process
- Collaborate with teammates to provide input on new products and sales/marketing strategies
- May travel for trade shows, conferences, customer meetings, or trainings
- Other duties as assigned that support business and financial expectations
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Strong verbal/written communication and basic math skills
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Highly computer-literate, with proven ability to develop proficiency in unfamiliar systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain high level of accuracy
- Highly collaborative; ability to work well independently and on a team
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to meet rigorous deadlines
- Preferred Experience in K-12 education or market, specific to literacy
- Preferred Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as business, marketing, education, or library sciences
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.