Business Development Specialist
- St. Louis, MO, USA
Booksource™ is the premier trade book distributor to K-12 school classrooms across the country. We work with hundreds of publishers representing more than 30,000 book titles to sell and distribute authentic literature to educators who use real books, called trade books (versus textbooks), to teach reading, writing and other subjects. These are the books kids actually want to read!
Real books engage students, deepen their understanding, and prepare them for the future, making classroom libraries the heart of a strong reading program. It’s our vision that every school in America will have classroom libraries, and it’s our mission to help make it happen. So Booksource makes it easy for educators by building collections of titles that match to school curriculums.
We offer discounted pricing, free shipping and unparalleled expertise and customer service.
We are THE source for classroom libraries.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for researching and responding to all bid and proposal solicitations, all aspects of contract management, and proactive initiatives for new customer prospecting.
- Experience in compiling detailed administrative tasks in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously with overlapping deadlines and unique project specifications
- Proactive consultative selling experience
- Sound judgment, solid decision making ability, and proactive problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Windows based software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to research websites for information about obtaining RFP opportunities
- Experience with submitting electronic bids and quotes
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Respond to bid requests from school districts
- Perform proactive initiatives to obtain registered/approved vendor status
- Gather key district information (contacts, curriculum info, grant opportunities, etc.)
- Make first contact with key district staff
- Pass along pertinent Booksource information
- Update and complete vendor registration forms
- Coordinate with other departments to complete bid requirements
- Maintain registration with online bid services
- Communicate with internal departments and sales reps regarding the completion of bids
- Collaborate with sales teams to develop and implement new marketing plans and strategies
- Build and maintain customer relationships with a heavy focus on new business
- Maintain the special contracts portion of account maintenance to reflect bid status
- Monitor bid expiration dates and contact districts to seek renewals
- Provide welcome packets to new districts
- Maintain award information and send catalogs as requested by district
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.