Warehouse Department Lead
- Hazelwood, MO, USA
Booksource™ is the premier trade book distributor to K-12 school classrooms across the country. We work with hundreds of publishers representing more than 30,000 book titles to sell and distribute authentic literature to educators who use real books, called trade books (versus textbooks), to teach reading, writing and other subjects. These are the books kids actually want to read!
Real books engage students, deepen their understanding, and prepare them for the future, making classroom libraries the heart of a strong reading program. It’s our vision that every school in America will have classroom libraries, and it’s our mission to help make it happen. So Booksource makes it easy for educators by building collections of titles that match to school curriculums.
We offer discounted pricing, free shipping and unparalleled expertise and customer service.
We are THE source for classroom libraries.
- Responsible for leading warehouse employees to meet departmental goals and completing annual reviews
- Execute corrective action when needed, manage time and attendance
- Communicate effectively within the department and with other departments
- Ensure that operational resources, including equipment and employees, are properly allocated in relation to daily needs of their department
- Enforce company policies and safety procedures to ensure compliance
- Ability to organize, manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure
- Train, develop and coach employees to perform with a high degree of detail and focus
- Manage customer service requests promptly and resolve issues quickly
- Assist with inventory cycle counts
- Maintain a positive and energetic attitude plus be an enthusiastic team member
- Assist with keeping the warehouse premises neat and tidy
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years’ warehouse/production experience required
- 2-3 years of management experience with a team of at least 10 individuals
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-pace, diverse, and high performance environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and planning skills
- Commitment to company values, ethics and culture
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and be on feet for 8 hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.