Literacy Accounts Manager
- St. Louis, MO, USA
Booksource™ is the premier trade book distributor to K-12 school classrooms across the country. We work with hundreds of publishers representing more than 30,000 book titles to sell and distribute authentic literature to educators who use real books, called trade books (versus textbooks), to teach reading, writing and other subjects. These are the books kids actually want to read!
Real books engage students, deepen their understanding, and prepare them for the future, making classroom libraries the heart of a strong reading program. It’s our vision that every school in America will have classroom libraries, and it’s our mission to help make it happen. So Booksource makes it easy for educators by building collections of titles that match to school curriculums.
We offer discounted pricing, free shipping and unparalleled expertise and customer service.
We are THE source for classroom libraries.
To support sales growth and market reach through effective management of customer accounts
- Manage pre and post sales activities to support territory growth and sales
- Build quality custom book lists and price quotes
- Perform timely quote production and follow up
- Respond strategically to marketing opportunities and coordinate marketing efforts
- Communicate regularly with contracted sales representatives (Reps)
- Ensure customer retention through high-quality customer service experiences
- Manage the customer and Rep experience through the sales cycle
- Anticipate and respond to customer and Rep needs, proactively and with a sense of urgency
- Develop professional credibility, trust, and positive rapport with customers, peers, and Reps
- Provide relevant, constructive feedback on Rep and territory performance to stakeholders
- Monitor and report on sales pipeline and key customer opportunities to appropriate sales partners and leadership
- Develop with Rep(s) strategic plans for growing sales and customer base
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate market and industry knowledge, specific to curriculum, education, literacy, and sales opportunities
- Communicate trends in the territory/market to appropriate departments and sales team partners
- Act with awareness of customer requirements, territory needs, and competitive knowledge
- Serve as a content and territory expert
- Engage in, develop, and/or lead professional development specific to company goals and strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams and Reps to maximize prospective opportunities
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate an expert understanding of Booksource products, services, operational processes, and marketing initiatives
- Consult with customers and contracted sales representatives, assisting and advising them of products, services, and solutions to meet requirements in closing sales and acquiring new business
- Provide content expertise and guidance on selection, distribution, and implementation of Booksource products, solutions, and marketing support
- Apply best practices to optimize company margins on all opportunities
- Strong verbal/written communication and basic math skills
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Highly computer-literate, with proven ability to develop proficiency in unfamiliar software systems
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to maintain high level of accuracy
- Highly collaborative; ability to work well both independently, and across same-function and cross-functional teams
- Strong time-management skills, and proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet rigorous deadlines
- Ability to manipulate/manage multiple data sources
- Drive and commitment to achieve personal and company goals
- 3-5 years’ experience reflective of responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in K-12 education or market, specific to literacy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as business, marketing, education, or library sciences.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.