- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Booksource™ is the premier trade book distributor to K-12 school classrooms across the country. We work with hundreds of publishers representing more than 30,000 book titles to sell and distribute authentic literature to educators who use real books, called trade books (versus textbooks), to teach reading, writing and other subjects. These are the books kids actually want to read!
Real books engage students, deepen their understanding, and prepare them for the future, making classroom libraries the heart of a strong reading program. It’s our vision that every school in America will have classroom libraries, and it’s our mission to help make it happen. So Booksource makes it easy for educators by building collections of titles that match to school curriculums.
We offer discounted pricing, free shipping and unparalleled expertise and customer service.
We are THE source for classroom libraries.
Support Booksource sales, customer service, and operations departments by researching status on purchase orders with vendors, completing pricing and availability checks on lists of titles, and assisting with the maintenance of inventory. The Buying Assistant will maintain strong positive relationships with vendors while working to obtain excellent service and pricing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily interaction with publishers to obtain statuses on purchase orders, titles, and new pricing and subsequently update internal inventory management systems.
- Be the first point of contact with vendors regarding pricing, availability, and turnaround times for special projects and large orders.
- Assist with negotiating extended discounts on large project buys.
- Assist with placement and monitoring of rush PO’s for time sensitive customer orders.
- Query vendors about special order titles and communicate availability with internal departments.
- Update inventory spreadsheets and monitor reports for progress towards departmental goals.
- Ability to analyze purchasing and inventory data to suggest process improvements.
- Work with Accounting to ensure accurate invoicing and crediting.
- Adjust physical inventory when needed and work with the receiving department to clear up problems with shipments from vendors.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Organized, punctual, attention to detail and strong math skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Data entry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- 1+ years of purchasing or related experience preferred
- Experience with supply planning and product forecasting a plus.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree; bachelor’s degree preferred.
May need to spend time in the warehouse to acquire hands on experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.