- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Booksource™ is the premier trade book distributor to K-12 school classrooms across the country. We work with hundreds of publishers representing more than 30,000 book titles to sell and distribute authentic literature to educators who use real books, called trade books (versus textbooks), to teach reading, writing and other subjects. These are the books kids actually want to read! Our mission is to make it easy for educators to purchase, organize, and incorporate classroom libraries into their schools in the hopes that every school in America will have classroom libraries.
The Sales Team is looking for a talented Business Analyst who will assist with monitoring and forecasting key performance and sales metrics across the company, while identifying opportunities that align with existing corporate strategies. The Business Analyst will work across business units to create or enhance various KPI’s, process improvement initiatives and benchmarking projects of expected performance to plan. The successful candidate will be expected to generate monthly, quarterly, and annual business unit overviews that detail financial performance summaries for mid and senior level management. Finally, the analyst will be expected to holistically identify optimal strategies for business units that maximize profitability.
- Collect, analyze, evaluate, and report data in order to increase sales productivity
- Produce operational reports of performance measures and metrics
- Provide ad hoc project support and analysis to leadership
- Participate in analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual KPI’s
- Provide historical sales analysis and trend data for key initiatives or projects as strategy plans are being created
- Provide post mortem review of key initiatives and communicate results with teams that are impacted
- Serve as project lead for Mapping Software and create reports based on requirements
- Partner with the Acquisitions & Analytics Specialist on trends within Marketing data and share key information as it relates to customer information and future product strategy
- Other duties assigned by leadership
Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, computer science or related field
Ability to perform complex analysis of forecasts, historical sales, and industry trends
Ability to capture and document business needs and reporting requirements from multiple sources
Ability to coordinate and manage simultaneous data analysis requests of varying sizes and scope
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience
Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
Excited about technology with advanced skills in Excel
Prior experience in data mining, forecasting, and trend analysis
Deadline driven with strong attention to details
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. GL group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.