- 8950 Pershall Rd, Hazelwood, MO 63042, USA
Booksource™ is the premier trade book distributor to K-12 school classrooms across the country. We work with hundreds of publishers representing more than 30,000 book titles to sell and distribute authentic literature to educators who use real books, called trade books (versus textbooks), to teach reading, writing and other subjects. These are the books kids actually want to read! Our mission is to make it easy for educators to purchase, organize, and incorporate classroom libraries into their schools in the hopes that every school in America will have classroom libraries.
The Warehouse Associate is a temporary position, with potential to hire full-time based on performance. Weekly hours vary on business needs.
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for efficiently and accurately contributing to the operational success of any warehouse department, which consists primarily of receiving, pulling, processing, and shipping.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic warehouse tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be able to meet daily goals and continuously try to improve.
- Provide consistent feedback and communication with Warehouse Leads.
- Communicate effectively with office staff and managers on warehouse questions.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative when needed.
- General knowledge of warehouse functions, with the ability to perform any based on departmental need.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with great interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to speak up, and take pride in work.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years warehouse, production, or operations experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-pace, diverse, and high performance environment.
- All positions require professional and polite communication both internally and externally.
- Basic math and computer skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook a plus.
- Dependable attendance and flexibility with scheduling is a must.
- Must have excellent motivation, pay close attention to detail and be deadline driven.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and be on feet for 8 hours.
- Must be able to climb ladder while stocking shelves.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. GL group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.