Digital Products Manager
- 1230 Macklind Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Booksource is a leading distributor of authentic literature for K-12 classroom libraries. Our customizable classroom library solutions make it easy and cost-effective for educators to build, grow, and organize classroom libraries that foster engaged reading in their schools.
The Digital Product Manager is responsible for the product strategy and management of all customer facing digital products and platforms, including Classroom Organizer and the eComm store, as well as for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements. This person will use an agile development process to deliver new features and functionality, identifying and measuring key metrics to ensure a best in class digital experience across our software.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Digital Product team, ensuring each team member has the resources and support necessary
- Meet with employees regularly to identify employee-specific goals and share department/ company objectives
- Serve as an advocate for the Digital Product team’s work and communicate key strategic department initiatives with cross functional teams
- Develop strategies and tactics for digital products (i.e., Classroom Organizer)
- Manage the entire digital product lifecycle, collaborating with product managers, creative, sales, finance, and other internal and external resources
- Integrate the digital product(s) and platforms (.com, apps, blog) into a seamless consumer experience
- Optimize the path to purchase, focusing on ever-increasing ecommerce transactions or complete quote development
- Work with Customer Care to help address and solve customer complaints, questions, and other inquiries in a timely manner
- Ensure the measurement and reporting of customer engagement and product profitability
User Experience Design
- Translate abstract ideas and requirements for complex, data-driven applications into tangible and beautiful design deliverables
- Initiate and analyze quantitative and qualitative customer feedback to inform product strategies and pipeline development
- Author, iterate, and maintain documentation including storyboards, flows, architecture, mockups, prototypes, animations, etc.
- Research industry trends and features to develop and pitch recommendations for product enhancements and deeper user engagement
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams of engineers, product managers, art directors and marketing
- Document, maintain, and communicate the product design system in a live, browser-based style guide
- Oversee the development, monitoring and optimizing of marketing campaigns that drive customer acquisition for products and services, Channels include branded websites, apps, and SEM. Provide hands-on, end-to-end management of campaigns and programs including conception and drafting of creative briefs, planning, execution and reporting
- Analyze, test, and continually optimize marketing funnels, including campaign response, landing page conversion, and payment conversion
- Identify and evaluate new opportunities to profitably acquire new customers for new product(s)
- Analyze data and communicate actionable results to senior management
- Manage budgeting and re-forecasting of acquisition efforts and expenses on a monthly basis.
- 5+ years of digital design experience in an agile product development environment, demonstrating a deep understanding of digital product design for consumer-facing, complex, data-driven applications.
- An inspiring portfolio, great visual design sense, and a love for solving complex problems
- Prior experience creating and documenting extensive product design systems
- Prior experience working within a technical environment is a key requirement.
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership of and accountability for projects
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal stakeholders
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, consistently adhering to strict deadlines and evolving priorities
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Confluence
- Technical knowledge (including HTML/CSS/JS/SQL)
- Proficient in Sketch, Jira, Keynote or similar applications
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. GL group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.