Senior 3D Artist – Vehicle Specialist
- Brno, Czechia
GIANTS Software is one of the most successful game developers in Europe, with offices in Zürich, Switzerland and Erlangen, Germany and expanding now in Brno. It is well known for many years for its “Farming Simulator” series, a worldwide best-selling simulator game.
To strengthen our team of artists we are looking for a 3D artist, specializing on the creation of agricultural vehicles and equipment. As a part of a distributed team it is necessary that the candidate is proactive and able to coordinate with other team members. The typical duties will be:
- Creation of high-poly and low-poly models of agricultural machines
- Creation of UV maps and textures for PBR
- Setting up materials for a proprietary game engine
- Rig setup and animations
Everyone is different, therefore we do not expect that you will fulfill all requirements. We list them all so you can get a better picture about what it takes and what skills you can leverage with us:
- First and foremost, we will review your CV and portfolio
- At least 3 years in the game industry (at least one shipped title)
- Very good knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Ability to create realistic 3D models of vehicles and textures in AAA quality
- Rich experience with hard surface modelling
- Experience with PBR workflow
- Attention to detail and precision
- Independence and ability to solve issues
- Good knowledge of English language
- Excellent ability to work in a team
- Self-reflection and ability to receive feedback
- Solid time management
- Art-oriented education (3d art, design, art school)
- Experience with Substance Designer / Painter or 3D Coat
- Experience with preparation of models for animation
- Understanding of vehicle design and technology
- Experience from Farming Simulator Modding community
- Previous experience with production of assets for real-time simulators
We offer work in the exciting and quickly evolving environment of the game industry. With us, you will be in touch with modern technologies while enjoying flexible working hours for very attractive financial compensation.
We care about employees’ wellbeing, so we make sure to create a pleasant working environment and organize various events and entertaining activities. Family and your recreational time are important to us, so we offer 25 days of vacation per year.
Because everyone needs to evolve, we offer multiple perspectives for you to keep moving in our young, successful and growing company.