Lead Design Engineer
- 1800 Cailun Road, Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Current transforms commercial and industrial organizations with advanced lighting and intelligent controls. Working with our partners, we deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers. See why Current is always on at www.gecurrent.com
The Lead Design Engineer for our horticulture product line will have ownership over product design. They will lead design team members including mechanical and electronic engineers. They will be responsible for designing the tollgates of the new product introduction (NPI) program, ensuring the product is at the right costs, meeting performance requirement and control the program budget and schedule.
What You'll Do:
- Own Product Technical Specification (PTS) per marketing interest and customer voice.
- Ensure products are compliant with required and applicable international standards and regulations.
- Lead resources on design and qualification of products from concept design till mass production per new product introduction (NPI) process.
- Validate mechanical options and Check and review mold designs with suppliers, and address any technical related issues
- Work with suppliers with regards to quotations, tooling cut, cost, testing results, schedule etc.
- Collaborate cross functionally with product managers, system, quality, and sourcing teams to ensure product cost, manufacturability and quality etc.
- Effective communication with local and global teams during program execution. Proactively manage technical risks and communicate to stakeholders.
- Deal with quality/design/manufacturing issue when needed.
- Use statistical tools to analyze the experiment results and execute the action plans
- Manage & maintain engineering database to ensure all documents (drawing, 3D models, BOM etc) are up to date
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
- Self-motivated with passion and energy
- Someone with strong personal values, integrity, customer centricity, and have a commitment to performance
What You Have:
- BS degree in Mechanical engineering
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Familiar with domestic and international regulations/standards on Lighting systems, e.g. GB, IEC, FCC and UL/cUL, ETL;
- Demonstrated capabilities in mechanical design and mold design
- Strong oral and verbal English communication skills
- Available to take calls outside of normal working hours to accommodate globally teams
- Flexible to travel, both International and domestic, around 10% working time
What We'd Like You to Have:
- Master’s Degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in the lighting industry
- Knowledge in LED fixture applications
- Certified Project Management Professional.
- In-depth knowledge of product reliability and manufacturability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.