Lead Power Electronics Engineer
- Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, 1800 Cailun Road, Shanghai, China
Current transforms commercial and industrial organizations with advanced lighting and intelligent controls. Working with our partners, we deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers. See why Current is always on at www.gecurrent.com
The Lead Power Electronics Engineer will be responsible for the electronics product design, from the topology selection, circuit debugging, trial run, validation testing to final mass production. They will be responsible for the technical reviews per the new product introduction (NPI) process, ensuring the product meets the performance requirements with the right cost and is delivered on schedule.
What You'll Do:
- Own the Current electronics product (such as LED drivers and controls) design and validation according to product specification and cost target.
- Responsible for full product development cycles from the concept design till the initial mass production
- Analyze failures and validate the corrective actions during design and qualification phases
- Own technical reviews, support program manager on other reviews per NPI process, document design details into Current documentation system.
- Proactively manage technical risks and communicate to stakeholders
- Work with program manager to control the design schedule and deliver the project on time
- Apply statistical tools in design process and analyze the experiment result
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Be able to prioritize complicated tasks to ensure program delivery
- Be self-motivated with passion and energy
- Have strong personal values, integrity, customer centricity, commitment to performance
- Be a quick learner and keen problem solver
What You Have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering Degree other related field
- 3+ years’ experience in power electronics industry
- Solid understanding on power electronics circuits
- Proficient in using Pspice/Matchcad to analyze power electronics circuits
- Familiar with firmware/software design knowledge
- Familiar with domestic and international regulations/standards on driver design e.g. UL;
- Working English communication both in writing and oral, be available for conference calls with global teams outside normal business hours
What We'd Love You to Have:
- Demonstrated success in designing power electronic products
- In-depth knowledge of product reliability and manufacturability
- Understanding of six sigma or statistical process control
- Familiar with selection of electronics components based on design requirement
- Familiar with Firmware design and de-bug
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.