Business Development Manager - Key Accounts
- ., Dallas, TX, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Current transforms commercial and industrial organizations with advanced lighting and intelligent controls. Working with our best partners, we deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers. See why Current is always on at www.gecurrent.com
We are seeking a professional “sales hunter” with an LED lighting and advanced (IoT) controls background working with Fortune 500 companies. The position will be responsible for initiating contact with potential and existing customers to generate and qualify leads, promote the company’s products and services, and to identify and close sales opportunities. This candidate must clearly and convincingly articulate the company’s value proposition and overcome initial resistance from prospects and create a path to success. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of executive level decision-makers and will have a network of business relationships in the retail, commercial and industrial markets. The ideal candidate is effective in persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others in order to get them to take a specific course of action or to make a specific type of purchase.
- Ability to research, create and execute sales plans that will achieve growth and market share.
- Develop strong relationships with targeted retail, commercial and industrial prospects and customers.
- Focus on growing and managing existing end-user customers while driving new business.
- Ability to establish a deep understanding of customers’ business needs and develop compelling solutions.
- Develop customer centric project solutions with strong focus on LED products and Advanced Controls.
- Gather customer feedback related to products and communicate to GE Current management.
- Be competent in creating proposals and using our value proposition to differentiate and compete.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in LED and ADVANCED CONTROLS sales to retail, commercial and industrial customers.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in selling LED and ADVANCED CONTROLS to large, strategic and national accounts.
- Must be able to travel at least 60% of the time.
- Demonstrated experience with C-level sales in retail, commercial and/or industrial market is required.
- Must have a proven track record of creating and closing large multiple million-dollar sales annually.
- Experience in the strategic account, key account or national account marketplace is required.
- Existing portfolio of customers preferred.
- Knowledge and working experience with the lighting agency-distribution ecosystem is required.
- Advanced controls and IoT sales knowledge and expertise is required.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and Salesforce CRM.
- Solid presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate to customers.
- Must be organized and able to track multiple sales strategies simultaneously.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without current or future company sponsorship.
- Location in Texas, Colorado or the Pacific Northwest preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location in Texas, Colorado or the Pacific Northwest preferred