Business Development Sales Leader - Specialty Chemicals
- 1975 Noble Rd, East Cleveland, OH 44112, USA
Current transforms commercial and industrial organizations with advanced lighting and intelligent controls. Working with our partners, we deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers. See why Current is always on at www.gecurrent.com
Business Development Sales Leader
In this role you will focus on customer acquisition, lead generation, and prospect management leveraging industry knowledge, technical acumen, and prior relationships. The Business Development Sales Leader will be responsible for cultivating a customer base, clearly articulating our capabilities, designing solutions that meet their needs, and managing ongoing relationships. This is an opportunity for the right leader to chart their path with the huge potential to develop a market channel in the Specialty Chemicals and Materials manufacturing space that doesn’t exist today.
- Prospecting for new customers to create new business opportunities in the Specialty Chemicals and Materials manufacturing space while growing and maintaining existing customer portfolio.
- Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, and initiating customer visits at all level of the customer organization
- Managing sales negotiation and deal closure at the customer, interfacing with all key buying influencers as well as any field concerns, issues, and requirements.
- Creating informative presentations; presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences
- Achieving annual revenue targets through prioritization of available opportunities of both near-term sales generation and long-term customer growth projects.
- Building and maintaining long-term customer relationships; identifying opportunities to meet and satisfy future customer needs
- Acquiring market intelligence for strategic planning and identification of new opportunities
- Demonstrated and proven sales results in the Specialty Chemicals and Materials field
- Strong technical understanding to identify and pursue new Specialty Chemicals and Materials opportunities with high value to the customer
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Four years of cold calling experience; previous inside sales experience or related sales experience; knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential customers
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with C-Level Executives
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and as an active member of a team
- Prior experience in the Specialty Chemicals and Materials field which includes a variety of potential contacts in order to identify and explore new sales opportunities.
- Prior sales experience including strategic selling and negotiation across a wide portfolio of technical products and service
- Experience working within a complex technical environment in customer facing role
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process
- Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Strong communication and clear-thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
- Willingness to travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening