Manager - Indirect Taxes
- 1975 Noble Rd, East Cleveland, OH 44112, USA
Current is the digital engine for intelligent environments. Current blends advanced LED technology with networked sensors and software to make commercial buildings, retail stores, industrial facilities and cities more energy efficient & productive. Backed by a broad ecosystem of technology partners, Current is helping businesses and cities unlock hidden value and realize the potential of their environments. www.gecurrent.com
The Manager, Indirect Taxes is an exciting and challenging role in a fast-paced Tax Department reporting directly to the Director of Global Tax. The Manager will have responsibilities for all operational aspects of the indirect tax function including sales and use tax, value added tax, real and personal property tax, business licenses, Unclaimed Property and indirect tax process and technology. The position is responsible for collaborating with cross functional teams in ensuring accurate and timely reporting and compliance, optimization of tax expense, knowledgeable in tax policy and legislation, driving innovation in process and analytics, interfacing with business leadership as well as with external tax auditors and consultants, professional organizations and government representatives.
Current’s tax department is embarking on a multi-year transformational journey to focus on value creation through technical competence, business acumen, strong relationships and process efficiency through automation enabled by technology. The Manager, Indirect Taxes will play a key role in driving the success of this transformation for the indirect tax function.
We are looking for a high energy, self-motivated driven tax professional with the ability to understand and assist with developing and maintaining indirect tax systems and processes for our start up tax department. Initially, you will focus on implementing Vertex for sales and use tax Compliance, and ongoing, would be responsible for data, analytics, and end-to-end information reporting and compliance for the indirect tax function (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes), as well as Property and other indirect taxes.
- 7-10+ years of related tax experience, working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department; and
- 5+ years of experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation and compliance software (e.g. Synchro, Systax, Vertex, ONESOURCE).
- Working knowledge of indirect tax types in the North American region;
- Excellent written and presentation skills coupled with strong interpersonal and team-building capabilities across different functional areas and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with Business Leaders and Senior Management.
- A BA/BS Degree in related field (Accounting preferred);
- CPA/MS/MBA (not mandatory)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented;
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment;
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- A team oriented, customer-centric attitude;
- Project management experience.
- People leader experience a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.