Production Associate - $17.70+/hour
- Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Evergreen Packaging, a global leader in paper packaging solutions, makes paper and paperboard products designed to deliver product freshness, brand distinction and supply chain assurance. Global brands trust us to protect their products and their reputations. As a vertically integrated manufacturer, we leverage scientific expertise and Manufacturing Excellence principles to bring great products to market worldwide. Sustainability is at the heart of all we do. We are leaders in promoting responsible forestry and recycling for our packaging formats. Our team members are the cornerstone of building a sustainable business. Our trust-rich culture reflects a passionate commitment to collaboration, participation, ownership and resourcefulness.
Starting training wage (first 2-8 weeks) $15.46/hour after training is complete - $17.70+/hour.
This is an entry level manufacturing position responsible for handling stacks of paper cartons and monitoring the quality of our product.
What you will need to succeed….
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be willing and able to work any shift (1st, 2nd, 3rd) including overtime and be available 7 days/week.
- Ability to work independently and within a Team
- Attention to detail
- Able to meet Safety and Quality standards within the organization
- Clothes must be clean and not soiled
- Clothing shall be free of sequins, rhinestones, grommets, studs, jewels, and other adornments
- No sleeveless shirts – shirts must be at least 4 inches in length
- No hoodies are allowed on the floor, you can wear a sweat shirt without a hood
- Steel Toed shoes
- No hats allowed
- Required PPE will be provided – eye protection, hearing protection, hair and beard nets
- No cosmetic jewelry (rings, watches, bracelets, ear rings, piercings, pendants, necklaces, etc.)
- No artificial nails or nail polish
- No artificial eye-lashes
- No tobacco products are allowed in the plant, designated areas are provided for tobacco use
- Desire for a manufacturing career, Manufacturing experience a plus
- Ability to work scheduled shifts, standing, kneeling, climbing and walking for extended periods of time; capable of repetitive gripping, pinching, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling with weight ranges up to 50 pounds; ability to perform repeated twisting, bending and reaching; exposure to hot and/or humid environments, working on ladders and confined spaces.
What we have to offer….
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.