Machine Operator - $19.56 Hourly - DAY SHIFT
- West Hazleton, PA, USA
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
- We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham.
- We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry.
- Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family.
- We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership.
- Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow!
Graham Packaging Company is looking for an Operator (Wheel) based in West Hazleton, PA. This opening is for Day shift position 12 hours, which operates during the hours of 6:30 AM to 7:00 PM.
The starting pay for this position is $19.56 Hourly.
The shifts are 3 day-36 hours (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday), 4 day-48 hours (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).
Operator is responsible for maximizing the productivity of the assigned line. Will troubleshoot, repair and improve all process equipment of the line. Will participate in the installation of new equipment and process improvements.
Specific Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for operation and some maintenance of blow-molding equipment and downstream equipment on assigned line.
• Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality, GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices. Maintain work area to acceptable safety and housekeeping standards.
• Make process adjustments to product based on statistical data and product quality.
• Make frequent on time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards.
• Document all downtime and methods used to get the line operational again.
• Must perform the following duties: color changes, screen changes, change blow needles, set the depth of a reamer, make minor adjustments to the label basket, change trimmer buckets, hang molds, assist in a complete line changeover including downstream equipment, perform preventive maintenance on all line equipment, change grinder blades, establish and document blender weights for set-up, make minor program changes, change filters in the vacuum system, change knockout rods, clean molds and mold vents, replace air and water hoses, rebuild blow cylinders, replace tabs on conveyors, clean vacuum on trimmer, replace belts on trimmer, clean glue heads on box machine, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance activities as required.
• Relieve Production Specialists for breaks.
• Maintain open lines of communication to foster teamwork and proper understanding of requirements.
• Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
• Monitor HDPE resin (if applicable) and color systems for appropriate processing conditions.
• Communicate with the Production Shift Supervisor to coordinate production line support staff in accomplishing the lines objectives.
• Perform minor troubleshooting and programming on the line. Notify leads and supervisors of any major problems or questions.
• Operate equipment to minimize the generation and maximize the consumption of regrind, purge and scrap within customer specifications where applicable.
• Communicate processing information to designated personnel on incoming shift. Assist other Operators as needed.
• Assist in the training of new Operators.
• Limited Travel may be required.
• Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 2 years in manufacturing preferred. Minimum of 1 year forklift experience preferred.
Our facility is highly automated and the ideal candidate needs to possess:
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Working knowledge of electricity, hydraulic and pneumatics is preferred.
• Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control).
• Knowledge of standard bolt sizing.
• Must be able to use standard and metric measuring equipment.
• Must possess basic troubleshooting skills.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
• Skill in oral/interpersonal communications.
• Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
• Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
• Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
• Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.