Blender/Mixer/Material Handler (Plastics) $17.13 Hourly
- West Hazleton, PA, USA
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham
We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry
Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family
We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership
Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Plastics Mixer/Blender Material Handler based in West Hazleton, PA. This opening is for Night Shift, which operates during the hours of 6:30 PM to 7:00 AM.
The shifts are 3 day-36 hours (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday), 4 day-48 hours (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).
Starting pay for this position is $17.13 per hour which includes a $.50 shift differential for nights.
The Mixer/Blender will work under general supervision, work safely, provide the highest quality, defect free product to our customer as well as meet all the requirements of a Material Handler. We reserve the right to make all shift assignments based company needs. The primary duties of this position maintains a continuous supply of raw materials to the plant. Responsibilities include:
- Must be able to operate machine controls that are computer programmed
- Excellent math skills a plus
- The system generates a recipe for the color changes in the blow mold process
- Follow all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.Understand and knows all LOTO Procedures and follows them.
- Follows all safety rules and safety requirements of the position and the plant.
- Must report all Quality defects to the Quality department to be addressed ASAP.
- May be required to pump railcars for Resin Supply.
- Maintain equipment in regrind rooms. Operate grinder. Take a daily inventory of all regrind and report to management
- Operate forklift and/or clamp truck in compliance with safety standards
- Keeps all machines stocked with raw material. Load and unload materials from trucks.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the regrind rooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Assists in creating the orderly flow of both raw-material & finished product.
- Support blow-mold operators at all times as concerns the material handler responsibilities.
- Responds to alarms in a timely manner to prevent unnecessary downtime.
- Operates a variety of buttons, switches, dials and controls as well as computerized equipment.
- Climbs up, over, in and around the equipment in a safe manner. This includes regularly stepping up 1 foot and occasionally climbing 5-8 stairs on a ladder to check equipment.
- Works near hot and cold parts and around moving mechanical parts. Starts and stops machines as needed to perform maintenance or troubleshoot problems.
- Remembers and applies a large body of knowledge pertaining to the machine operation features and the product features. There are many variables involved in both that must be learned and applied.
- Working knowledge of all blending equipment.
- Perform material room processes, including properly storing all raw materials in a neat and orderly fashion. Ensure containers are properly tagged as to content update and maintain all end of row tags.
- Documentation and maintenance of cleaning of filters in blending area per assigned lines.
- Perform Autonomous Maintenance and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Train fellow associates as requested.
- Relieve for breaks and lunches
- Fills out related forms for Production and Quality.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 2 years in manufacturing preferred and a minimum of 1 year forklift experience preferred. Prefer experience working in plastics.
The Mixer/Blender is required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential to the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage, math and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.