CDL - A/Forklift Operator-Nights
- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Located just 30 minutes West of Brownsburg, IN, Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
CSI is looking for experienced Warehouse Attendants/Forklift Operators with a current CDL A license preferred but we are willing to train the write candidate. The principal challenge of this position is to perform a variety of material movement tasks for the receiving, warehousing, distribution and shipping of material in efficient and timely manner. This includes both raw materials and finished goods.
A key challenge in this position is to ensure all warehouse equipment is available, well maintained, and operated in a safe manner. Providing appropriate communications and feedback to all individuals involved with overseeing materials movements is crucial in this position to ensure any issues are resolved immediately and accurately.
- Replenish raw materials to production
- Load and unload raw materials and finished goods
- Maintain the warehouse in an orderly and logical manner
- Maintain housekeeping to defined expectations
- Receive all raw materials and finished goods into Oracle (Required for grade H7 and above)
- Perform month-end and periodic inventory counts of raw materials and finished goods in warehouse
- Unload raw materials and finished goods and puts away in warehouse
- Load product on carriers’ trailers for shipment and complete billing in Oracle
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor, including back-up for various functions
Our experienced CDL - A/Forklift Operators must have the following:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to lift thirty-five (35) pounds to an elevation of six feet or more
- Understanding of distribution procedures
- Must have valid licenses and qualification to operate various forms of mobile equipment (forklift, CDL Trucks, man lifts,etc.) &/or obtain valid licenses within a designated period of time.
- General knowledge of the production process
- Effectively utilizes available computer tools, including Excel, Word, and Oracle (
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Understands the concept of customer satisfaction and the corresponding capability of meeting those needs
- Thorough knowledge of CSI’ safety, Environmental and Health policies.
- Good communication skills
- Exercises good judgment in evaluating situations
- Has excellent follow-through skills
Work Schedule: 12 hour shifts (7pm-7am, 4 nights on, 4 nights off)
Work Shift: 12 hour shift, with occasional voluntary or mandatory overtime
PPE: ANSI Z41 approved safety shoes, hearing and eye protection as appropriate for work
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.