- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment/application systems. Approximately 75+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 15+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 10+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
The principal challenge of this position is to support the articulation and implementation of the local HR initiatives as to positively impact the different areas of the organization. This will be accomplished by delivering and or developing adequate talent into the different areas of the organization, motivating and retaining key talent using and improving the HR processes. Leadership development is encouraged at the different levels of the organization. This position is responsible for helping the management team accomplish the different business goals via developing new systems, processes and people that make a positive contribution to the business plan. Promoting and following the Values and business objectives of CSI. Also to participate in HR and EHS related activities or events organized by the company for the employees. In addition, this position will review policies and programs for human resources functions at a plant location, will conduct onboarding and exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
• Communicate clearly in English, both verbally and written
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of basis HR processes, laws and procedures
• Ability to process hourly payroll
• Wear appropriate required safety gear
• Attend work regularly and reliably
• Work flexible hours as scheduled or required for specific role
• Provide on or out of shift training relative to specific function
• Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
• Conformance to behavioral rules, expectations, and company policies
• Analyze shift or plant performance data relative to functional specialty and provide the shift leader or Manager with assessments of opportunity
• Facilitate employee adherence to requirements of your departmental specialty
• Actively supports and participates in plant quality improvement & cost reduction programs
• Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with all pertinent safety policies and procedures
• Maintain a professional, clean, and organized work environment
• Participate in work related training programs
• Close visual acuity to perform computer tasks, read & develop spreadsheets, read financial data, etc.
• Able to participate in meetings and discussions with peer group and management team, and interact with employees in multiple locations and settings
• Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
• Maintain human resource information system records and compile reports from the database
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
• Shows consistency; actions match words; treats others with respect; is direct and truthful; keeps confidences; follows through on commitments; operates with honesty and integrity.
Educational and Other Skills Requirements:
o This position requires a Bachelor degree with a solid background in traditional HR processes as a Generalist and Organizational Development or related fields (experience and/or certifications are a Plus).
o Experience in the manufacturing environment is helpful, but not required
o Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
o Experience with Paycom, is preferred, but not required
o Experience with hourly payroll
o The ability to interact and influence others, at different organizational levels, promoting effective working relationships, is necessary.
o Demonstrated competence in successfully implementing organizational effectiveness projects.
o At least 3+ years of experience working in an HR and/or OD position in order to contribute and provide the tools and proper coaching and counseling in the areas of training and development, performance management, organizational climate, organizational design, organizational communication processes, recruiting, performance management and job valuation-compensation strategies.
Little to no travel is expected for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.