Maintenance Mechanic - Starting pay at $27.85/hr.
- Turlock, CA, USA
Essential Industries Offer Greater Job Stability
Food packaging is an essential industry, offering greater job stability and the chance to work with advancing technology. As a team member of Evergreen Packaging, you’re helping us and our global customers deliver food safely to millions of consumers around the world.
Our Culture Promotes Growth
We know that our team members are the cornerstone of our success, and we take pride in watching our employees develop professionally. Competitive benefits and compensation packages are just part of how we acknowledge our employees’ value to our business. We offer clear career paths, development, and opportunities for advancement. We foster transparent, ongoing communication to help make Evergreen Packaging a great place to work. Learn more about Evergreen Packaging's culture.
Sustainability Is at the Heart of All We Do
Because our products make us an integral part of so many homes and communities, we take our commitment to sustainability seriously. We take pride in being a part of the communities in which we do business and seek to promote the sustainability of those communities on many levels. Find out more about our commitment to sustainable practices.
Technical Career Opportunities Abound
Since our primary products are a variety of food-grade packaging, board, and paper, there are a multitude of opportunities at Evergreen Packaging to pursue an exciting technical career. We hire engineers across our organization: within our mills, our carton converting facilities and our filling equipment manufacturing facilities. Within these complex facilities, our technical team plays a critical role in keeping our equipment running efficiently, delivering quality products and maintaining an approach of continuous improvement. Find out more about technical careers at Evergreen Packaging.
Evergreen Packaging, LLC is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic. This role is within a 24 hour, 5-6 day/week union manufacturing operation.
Maintenance Mechanics are responsible for installation and repair of equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Mechanic will perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all production equipment and building issues. The primary duties of a Maintenance Mechanic include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels and adjust the manufacturing processes to ensure product integrity.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during operation and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Have the ability to read and work from blueprints and schematics and diagnose/repair hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical system problems.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform simple machinist skills.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.Assist and train production employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery
Maintenance Mechanics are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, such as a GED.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Manufacturing experience w/particular strength in welding, PLCs and Machining disciplines a plus.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.