Production Specialist - WEEKLY PAY!!
- York, PA, USA
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham
We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry
Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family
We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership
Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for Production Workers based at our York, PA Plant located at 500 Windsor Street.
The starting pay for this position is $15.66 per hour, which includes a $.50 shift differential for Night Shift.
Production Specialists are responsible for general housekeeping of the production area, packing, case making, inspecting, other general factory tasks in accordance with established procedures, specifications and other guidelines. The primary duties of a Production Specialist include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Visually inspect finished product for defects and ensure that cases are properly sealed.
- Pack bottles in accordance to the customer specification.
- Clear trimmer jams and restart, shut off/on trimmer in a safe manner.
- Notify supervisor or lead of potential problems with finished product and/or machinery.
- De-label and grind bottles as necessary, checking for contamination before grinding.
- Strapping, tying, stacking, and orienting cases and units properly in correct unit load pattern to satisfy customer request.
- Use case making equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintain hot/cold glue tanks by keeping full.
- Perform fiber tear checks to ensure proper glue application and pattern.
- Notify the appropriate coworker, forklift driver, or assignee when supplies at the machine need to be replenished.
- Communicate with incoming shift or line replacement on any problems with quality, machine, and packing configurations.
- Assist with rework and heldware to ensure effective completion.
- Restart, start, stop, and clears all downstream equipment as required.
- Assist in the training of permanent and temporary workforce in stacking, packing quality, and case machines.
- Keep work area and other facilities clean, orderly and safe.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- May perform basic stretch wrapper functions.
- Limited travel may be required
Previous manufacturing experience a plus.
Production Specialists are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.