Extruder Operator II - Recycling Plant
- York, PA, USA
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham
We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry
Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family
We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership
Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging Company is looking for an Extruder Operator II based in York, PA at our Recycling Plant.
This opening is for 2nd Shift, which operates during the hours of 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
The starting pay for this position is $19.56 per hour, with a shift differential for 2nd Shift.
Primary Duties of an Operator:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Perform entire line set up (palletizing system, pellet handling system, flake vacuum system, and scale system.
- Fill out extruder process sheet appropriately and accurately.
- Fill out extruder screen change log appropriately and accurately.
- Pack bulk boxes within spec and quality post-consumer resin.
- Perform quality assurance tests (volatile, pellet count, melt index, color scan, and press outs).
- Print label and label box per Graham Recycling’s color standard.
- Remove bulk box from scale and store in warehouse in the appropriate row.
- Perform routine maintenance (c/o vacuum filters, pelletizer blades, and clean out air classifier filter).
- Check and refill distilled water tank.
- Monitor pelletizer water temperature.
- Monitor pelletizing system and make adjustments accordingly.
- Monitor extruder and make adjustments accordingly.
A minimum of 2 years in manufacturing required.
Operators are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.