- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment/application systems. Approximately 75+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 15+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 10+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
Under the direction of the Vice President of US Operations, and within the framework and company policy, this position is accountable for the effective management, control, monitoring and upgrading of all aspects of closure manufacturing within the Salt Lake City facilities, including but not limited to the areas of production, quality, planning, industrial and mechanical engineering, accounting, human resources, materials control, training, maintenance, and clerical support, to achieve the highest quality closures at the lowest cost while maximizing customer satisfaction.
The position is directly responsible for managing an aggressive safety improvement effort within the manufacturing facilities in Salt Lake City and eliminating unsafe acts and conditions with the operations environment.
Additional charges include:
• Development of the appropriate systems, policies and procedures to enable a competitive, disciplined manufacturing organization, including driving the implementation of TQC, SPC, TMP, and JIT.
• Manage capital and human resources to produce the highest quality and consistent closures at the lowest cost. This embodies a customer oriented on-time delivery performance with the shortest possible lead times; i.e. successful implementation and usage of a JIT environment.
• Execution and enhancement of an advanced manufacturing plan based upon high quality, low cost and reduced cycle times. The execution will involve the latest advanced manufacturing techniques and will need to be conducted within an atmosphere of continuous steady improvement (Kaizan).
• The team atmosphere needs to be maintained and enhanced to a true quality of work life level with a safety program in place through both constraints and leadership example. The training and development of employees are key elements within the framework of the CSI human resources plan.
• Maintenance of CSI’s image in the Salt Lake City community as a progressive people-oriented quality of work life non-union employer.
• Leading the efforts toward preventive, predictive, and total productive maintenance systems in a manner which results in maximum equipment up time and control.
5/6 direct reports
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing within a Production facility.
- A Master’s Degree is highly desirable.
- Five years of on-the-job experience as a Manufacturing Operations Manager would be required to perform the job as an acceptable manager.
This position requires an extensive background in manufacturing management, knowledge of advanced manufacturing techniques including industrial statistics, and a thorough knowledge of the products, processes, markets and customers. Demonstrated human relations skills to develop and motivate an organization are fundamental. Analytical, administrative, and managerial skills are necessary. This position requires a formal education or its equivalent in both a business and technical discipline.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.