Experienced Machine Operators/Troubleshooters
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
CSI is looking for experienced operators with a strong maintenance/troubleshooting background. As a Machine Operator you will be responsible for running our injection molding machines but will also be the first level of troubleshooting for any problems or issues that happen during normal production. Responsibilities also include:
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Have a high level of safety standards for self and others.
- Maintain and drive good 5S practices.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties.
- Ability to setup, adjust, perform preventative maintenance, and troubleshoot manufacturing machinery and all auxiliary equipment to process materials or products that meet quality, quantity, and timing requirements by customers.
- Utilization of all quality tools including, quality checks, attribute data, SPC, pareto charts, graphs, performance data, and calculations to monitor manufacturing process performance, and make proper adjustments as required.
- Work effectively as a member of a process team, filling in for others as needed, adjusting quickly to changes and providing support and assistance to other team members.
- Perform changeovers, clean-outs, and order verifications in flow lines.
- Communicate with co-workers in your area at shift change.
- Be able to perform all other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Successful candidates will:
- Have mechanical skills at a level that enables the person in this role to operate the technical processes of the Closure Production Department and its related machinery, as well as to perform troubleshooting and problem solving for the processes.
- Be self-motivated.
- Lead by example in all areas: procedures, policies, motivation, and attitude in our ever-changing environment.
- Accept the responsibilities and demands of training employees to meet production goals to a high degree of safety and quality standards.
- Have good hand/eye coordination; perception to inspect finished work and verify acceptability of product and be able to transfer that knowledge to others.
- Be aware of and address issues regarding safety and housekeeping.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.