Plant Human Resources Generalist
- Modesto, CA, USA
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow.
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
- We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham
- We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry
- Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family
- We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership
- Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow!
Human Resources Generalists are responsible for operational HR functions in the plant. Support the goals of the HR division, ensuring responsive and value added services to all employees. The primary duties of a Plant HR Generalist include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Serve as link between employees, operations and corporate HR by handling questions, interpreting and administering company policies and helping to resolve work-related problems.
- Prepare and maintain employment, pay and benefit records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves or promotions.
- Manage temporary labor needs
- Collect and input information for payroll, benefit enrollment and HRIS activities
- Handle employee relations issues such as work complaints, harassment allegations or other employee concerns in accordance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Advise and collaborate with supervisors and managers on matters relating to organizational policies, disciplinary procedures, performance management
- Completing reports i.e. headcount, turnover and other ad hoc reports.
- Develop and maintain procedures aimed at improving the quality and delivery of human resources programs/services.
- 0-25% travel may be required.
A Bachelor’s Degree and/or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. A minimum of 2 years Human Resources experience in manufacturing preferred.
Plant HR Generalists are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.