Junior Mold Maker
- Kilgore, TX 75662, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
The incumbent’s main responsibilities are:
1) Clean, lube and maintain to quality standards the compression and scoring spare tooling inventory for production.
2) Perform the scheduled preventive maintenance on compression cell tooling with a team.
3) Perform injection mold maintenance and mold cleaning.
4) Document daily activities in MoldTrax software and on daily work log after completion of a PM or repairs on compression tooling and molds.
5) Operate overhead hoist and forklift to move tooling in and out of tool room or production.
The incumbent will be required to inspect and repair tooling from injection molding and compression molding cells by use of indicators, micrometers, guages, test equipment and procedures. Read and understand mechanical drawings of injection molds and compression cell tooling to troubleshoot and repair. Read and understand assembly and test procedures. Will know how to use arbor press, fixtures, hand tools, power tools and torque wrenches to assemble tooling.
Additional secondary responsibilities will include following proper operating procedures to operate and make setups on Lathe, Mill, Grinder, Drill Press, Hone, Saws, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications. Assist Engineers with misc. operations such as punching sample cap liners, cutting parts for closure measurement, etc.
The incumbent will be responsible for understanding and following all EHS procedures.
The incumbent must be aware of all hazardous materials used in your area, and preventing unnecessary generation of waste materials. Will be responsible for being aware of and to understand what to do in case of an emergency involving hazardous materials and chemicals.
This position will be responsible for reporting all accidents or injuries as well as spills or other environmental incidents, and for working in a manner that prevents EHS incidents. Follow all food safety guidelines while on the manufacturing floor.
Report any deviation from food safety protocol to the functional responsible personnel.
Each employee will do all assigned EHS and Quality trainings and leading indicators located on the EHS website.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED and technical training in metal working and shop safety
- Knowledge of trigonometry and geometry preferred but not required
- Must have great analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to use measuring instruments such as dial indicators, micrometers, calipers, height gage and optical comparator
- Must have good organization skills and detail orientation
- Must have good communication and motivational skills
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.