- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment/application systems. Approximately 75+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 15+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 10+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
This position will advise and represent Closure Systems International on various legal matters worldwide, with an emphasis on commercial legal matters, including sales and procurement contracts.
Essential job functions include:
• Drafting, revising, negotiating, and interpreting commercial contracts, including sales and procurement agreements and real estate leases. Monitoring fulfillment of CSI’s contractual obligations. Responding to customer and business client inquiries relating to existing or potential contracts. Assist with preparation of proposals for new or renewal of existing contracts as required. Analyzing contracts for consistency worldwide.
• Ensuring adequate systems and procedures are in place protecting intellectual property of CSI and intellectual property documents are timely documented, monitored and filed.
• Monitoring corporate compliance issues to ensure that the company’s legal entities remain in good standing, including, but not limited to, working with local contacts and outside counsel world-wide and maintaining all corporate records.
• Enforcing and improving a contract review/approval process and maintaining a centralized contract database for CSI’s worldwide operations.
• Drafting and implementing CSI policies and procedures related to contracts, corporate compliance, ethics, employee matters, etc.
• Providing counsel and training to business clients on various issues as needed to ensure legal compliance.
• Anticipating and preventing potential legal risks for CSI entities around the world.
• Overseeing domestic and international litigation matters.
• Overseeing and instructing external counsel as appropriate.
• Ensuring all legal work is completed in a competent, timely, and cost-effective manner.
• Completing budgets and internal reports.
• Completing special projects and other assignments as requested.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
EDUCATION: Juris Doctor degree required. Licensed to practice law in Indiana.
REPORTS TO: Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 4+ years of commercial law experience in a private law firm and/or in-house environment. Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating commercial and procurement contracts required. Experience negotiating international contracts preferred. Strong academic background. Litigation management experience preferred.
PERFORMANCE SKILLS: Strong business acumen; willingness to accept responsibility for and independently manage tasks; outstanding communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills; sense of urgency and honesty; ability to inspire confidence from business clients; ability to manage a heavy workload in a high pressure environment; good judgment; strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks; team player; sense of humor. Foreign language fluency preferred but not required.
SCHEDULE/TRAVEL: Office environment (corporate headquarters). Full-time position, ability to work regular business hours required; in addition, the position will require work during hours outside of a typical business day as needed to complete assigned tasks. Ability to travel as needed, some travel may be international.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.