- Kilgore, TX 75662, USA
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
Principal job duties of the Production Specialist include:
- Leadership in awareness and compliance of all EHS systems.
- Coaching and Teaching (Floor Leadership)
- Autonomous Maintenance
- Resource person to support equipment in all phases of manufacturing to achieve proper and efficient running conditions to meet defined performance levels.
- Operates equipment to test its function and performance.
- Decision-making exercised in areas authorized.
- Investigate and identify areas for improvement regarding specific process metrics.
- Understands all quality standards and how to measure dimensional and functional aspects of the product
- Collaborate with quality and engineering departments to enhance equipment standardization and performance.
- Utilizes SPC and process quality deployment techniques to enhance existing processes, i.e. reliability, scrap
reduction, process speed improvement, quality, process control and process improvement.
- Troubleshoots problems to find “root” causes.
- Performs equipment preventative maintenance inspections and initiates work orders.
- Assists in enabling crew breaks.
- Assist Supervisor with scheduling OT and Shop Floor systems.
- Assist Supervisor in ensuring shifts 100% completion of monthly EHS/Quality indicators.
- Performs tiered audits in Production.
- Back-up supervisor for crew duties include:
- Schedules production jobs.
- Ensures all production employees follow EHS standards.
- Ensures all production employees follow Quality standards
- Ensures focus on priority jobs, and sends out production shift report.
- Keeps Production Area Supervisor informed of production activities.
Follows all procedures and SOP’s for the Production areas and support departments to meet and exceed manufacturing expectations. Follows all minimum requirements above.
Be aware of hazardous materials in the area and the proper handling of hazardous materials. Awareness will be achieved through training, safety meetings, and toolbox meetings.
Be aware of, understand, and follow emergency procedures.
Comply with and lead others regarding all EHS systems and follows GMP rules; report all spills or other environmental incidents following EHS protocol.
Works in such a manner as to prevent environmental incidents and if asked, to participate in investigations of environmental incidents.
Understands all quality standards and how to measure dimensional and functional aspects of the product.
Compliance with process set ups (recipes) per engineering standards.
Ability to troubleshoot discrepancies and input data into Shop Floor System via assessment.
Does not put any item involved in product realization on the floor.
Enters data and provide paperwork required to maintain an efficient production system.
Minimizes waste and prevent pollution to protect the environment.
Ensures quality products are being produced, follow/manage Critical Control Points, and reduce scrap in all areas.
Performs duties in an efficient manner without damage to company equipment and furnishings.
Constantly monitor & provide standard housekeeping duties - Keep work area clean.
Follows work instructions and provide/receive constructive feedback from others.
Promotes teamwork with all other employees and departments.
Follows all food safety guidelines while on the manufacturing floor.
Reports any deviation from food safety protocol to the functional responsible personnel.
Ensures that (where applicable) the supply chain is made aware of their food safety obligations as our
partner in the quest to deliver a safe product to the consuming public.
Prefer HS Diploma or GED certification; prefer previous experience in manufacturing systems, process flow management, and data entry; previous mechanical skill experience required. In addition:
Demonstrates technical background with the ability to develop skills in SPC techniques.
Ability to make decisions through data analysis and computer utilization.
Five to seven years’ experience from on-the-job training programs and operational experience.
High degree of understanding regarding the closure manufacturing process, use of tools, and devices to repair and maintain equipment and facilities.
Must be conversant with mechanical principles and technical data in order to troubleshoot, perform and follow specific activities to enhance the process and train others to understand and operate equipment
Strong knowledge of Injection/Compression Molding process including closure processing parameters.
Broad knowledge of Injection/Compression Molders, auxiliary equipment, and raw materials used in the process.
Excellent understanding of quality standards and process defects.
Ability to adapt to continuing changes in manufacturing process and product technology and requirements.
Willing to assume responsibility for prescribed quality, machines, and material standards.
Excellent human relations and communication skills for training others on manufacturing process, technology, and procedures
Visual acuity and need for attention to detail.
Understands the principle of customer satisfaction, and the capability of meeting those needs.
Completes and passes competency testing on mold, liner, or compression changes.
Completes and passes competency training and testing on Injection/Compression Theory.
Intermediate computer experience is required.
Ability to start up any process.
This position requires the certification to operate mobile equipment. The certification process requires passing a physical, drug screen.
The position requires the employee to be trained in the use of walk behind type lifts. The employee must pass both a written and driving test.
LTTV training and certification is required.
Incident investigation training.
-In depth mechanical abilities.
-Crane training and certification is required.
-Required to complete New Supervisor training to prepare for filling in as Supervisor
-Locate and find information on an electronic data base of controlled documents, procedures, training, etc.; ability to focus on details for long periods of time; internal and external customer service is required
-See certification/license minimum requirements above
-Teamwork, positive communication with others, and team problem solving are required. Written communication must follow CSI standards and values. This position requires frequent verbal and written communication with all employees and management at the facility. In some cases, the position may require communication with fork truck drivers and support department personnel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.