- Crawfordsville, IN 47933, USA
Located just 30 minutes west of Brownsburg right off I-74 in Crawfordsville, IN, is a a great warehouse opportunity!
Closure Systems International, Inc. (CSI) is a global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in CSI's 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
CSI integrates innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
CSI is looking for a lead for our warehouse operations. This person will help drive safety and productivity, engage co-workers, and assist with daily operations.
Primary responsibilities of the Warehouse Team Lead are:.
Driving accountability for all warehouse personnel
Coordinating activities in a manner that supports inventory, production, warehouse and shipping activities
Receiving and transporting materials and supplies, as well as processing the transactions in a timely and accurate manner
Driving proper procedures for warehouse activities
Driving housekeeping activities for the warehouse
Driving that all monthly safety training is completed
Driving all employees to complete monthly IFE/IFO/Job Op’s
Make sure monthly pest control inspections are getting done by outside contractor
Assist in assuring the warehouse equipment is available, maintained, and operated in a safe manner
Point of contact for contacting supplier on leased equipment issues
Coordinate monthly refresher training and maintain file
Perform weekly Finished Goods Inventory audit and reconcile
Assist warehouse staff with daily tasks, reconciliations, pulls, loads and quality processes
Make sure all product on hold in NFI is placed on hold in Oracle
Being conscious and responsible regarding issues of safety and housekeeping
Being flexible and willing to adjust to a constantly changing schedule, particularly break periods, overtime, training schedules and possible off hours phone calls
Leading by example in all areas: Procedures, Policies, Motivation and Attitude
Addressing and documenting all people issues and discussing with the Warehouse Supervisor and Supply Chain Manager
Self motivated and have the ability to lead and motivate others
Willing to accept the responsibilities and demands of meeting goals, quality excellence and facilitating the activities of the Warehouse Attendants
Flexible and supportive of personnel changes which are in the best interest of CSI
Perform all duties of a Warehouse Attendant and other duties as assigned
Educational and Other Skills
A valid Class A CDL is preferred, mobile equipment license and a high school diploma
The ability to interface with Oracle, Microsoft Excel, Word and other computerized programs
The incumbent must be able to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations
Incumbent must be capable of using data to draw logical conclusions
Attention to detail is a critical factor in successful performance of this job
The incumbent must establish sound priorities and objectives, and must effectively use all resources available
This position requires a results oriented perspective with effective leadership and communication skills.
Work Schedule: 12 hour shifts, 7am-7pm with voluntary or mandatory overtime
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate clearly in English both verbally and written
- Wear appropriate required safety gear
- Attend work regularly and reliably
- Work flexible shifts and overtime as scheduled or directed
- Conformance to company performance rules such as work instructions, working standards, policies, etc.
- Conformance to behavioral rules, expectations, and company policies.
- Assume responsibility for warehouse personnel on crew/shift
- Lead warehouse personnel
- Ensure coverage for both warehouses
- Assist in coordinating activities in a manner that supports inventory, production, warehouse and shipping activities
- Process transactions in Oracle accurately and timely
- Assist in assuring the warehouse equipment is available, maintained, and operated in a safe manner
- Attain plant goals: Delivery Misses, Delivery Performance, Inventory Accuracy
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers in person and on the phone
- Identify improvements in current process to exceed business goals
- Perform cycle counting/physical inventory of Finished Goods and Ram inventory in Oracle and be able to use the Warehouse Availability excel spreadsheet and Raw Material Inventory spreadsheet
- Maintain accurate inventory by ensuring that product that is shipped is verified in Oracle by lot number and quantity
- Support off site warehouse shipping duties and coverage
- Demonstrate awareness of and compliance with all pertinent safety policies and procedures
- Maintain a professional, clean and organized work environment
- Participate in work related training programs
Closure Systems International, Inc. may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Closure Systems International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.